International Regulatory Reporting Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Silicon Valley Bank UK
- 13 Nov 17 2017-11-13
The position will be responsible for the regulatory reporting for all international branches of the U.S. headquartered Silicon Valley Bank. The position will be located in the SVB U.K. Branch in London and will have responsibility for reporting to the local countries regulatory bodies for our expanding international banking operations in United Kingdom, Germany, and Canada. As the position will provide global regulatory reporting expertise and execution across a range of countries, it will involve liaising with the local branch management and U.S. home office Finance representatives and ensuring that all regulatory requirements and changes are embedded into reporting structures.
Responsibilities also include documenting the report preparation process, developing controls in the preparation of the reports and the maintenance of financial reporting systems and supporting documentation.
The position will report to the Global Controller of External Reporting and Accounting Policy located in the U.S., with an indirect reporting relationship to the U.K. Branch CFO.
- Responsible for ensuring all prudential regulatory reporting are submitted accurately and on time. Provide timely and accurate financial, statistical and non-financial information for SVB’s international branches to the various country’s banking regulatory agencies. Manage day-to-day processes and controls across an array of reporting regulations.
- Assist in the implementation and transformation of IT and system related solutions as new branches are launched or as new reporting requirements are adopted. Carry out on-going maintenance and enhancement of the reporting systems as required.
- Act as subject matter expert of regulatory reporting rules and requirements. Maintain awareness of emerging issues and changing regulatory landscapes. Monitor and stay knowledgeable of industry, regulatory, and accounting developments and issuance of new reporting requirement standards. Lead review and analysis of changes and determine the impact on regulatory reporting filings. Communicate assessment to senior management.
- Partner with cross functional teams addressing data, process, model, analytics and policy gaps involved in regulatory reporting. Liaise between multiple stakeholders ensuring accuracy, completeness and documentation framework for all reporting requirements.
- Support the business lines in decision making where there are regulatory impacts to be considered.
- Maintains policies and procedures to ensure timely and complete accumulation of information necessary for regulatory reporting functions and maintain European Banking Authority (EBA) reporting framework to comply with the Regulatory Reporting Accountability Policy.
- Ensure that an effective and efficient internal control system is in place for the reports preparation and submission, and that the reporting requirements and completion guidelines set by the regulatory bodies are complied with.
- Lead data investigation and analysis, data quality and integrity checks, and data quality improvement projects. Ensure reporting issues are identified, escalated and tracked to conclusion according to company’s data quality oversight standards.
- Identify areas to improve efficiency and quality in reporting to the regulators. This may involve planning and implementing necessary changes and system enhancements.
- Develop effective working relationships with business owners providing source data. To effectively analyze the source information received, initiate on-the-job training with these business owners to better understand the information.
- Prepare management reports, such as performance dashboards, service level reporting, and other management reports as needed for the Regulatory Reporting Quality Oversight Committee.
Skills and Requirements
- Proven financial services industry accounting or regulatory reporting experience
- Experience in Finance related processes / background of controlling, regulatory and financial reporting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and German
- Proven understanding of regulatory reporting obligations and associated challenges – including internal controls and reporting requirement assessment
- Extensive knowledge, experience, and clear understanding of the European regulatory framework
- Ability to work independently and to manage multiple responsibilities under tight time frames
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within cross functionally / remote teams
- Analytical mindset, attention to detail
- Strong technical, analytical, organizational and problem solving skills are critical