As a Barclays Internal Auditor within Credit Risk, you’ll support the delivery of audits and the overall delivery of the BIA (Barclays Internal Audit) audit plan. You will support the delivery of the Credit Risk audit plans by developing and executing data analytics based testing strategies, as well as providing suggestions for actions to address control issues identified. You will create an environment to encourage knowledge sharing, celebrate the successes and take pride in your achievements.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
- Identifying, assessing and documenting risks and controls on each audit
- Evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of controls using data analytics where possible, and documenting this understanding in the BIA audit toolkit
- Updating the Audit Owner and audit team with progress and observations in daily meetings
- Collaborating with peers and supporting the Credit Risk audit team
- Writing high quality audit observations and supporting the Audit Owner in writing the report
- Providing suggestions to management within meetings, for actions to address control issues identified
- Proactively taking on additional tasks as requested by Vice Presidents/Directors/Managing Directors
- Embracing the agile approach adopted across BIA, suggesting practical ways of improving the work done including constructive feedback / upward feedback
What we’re looking for:
- Practical audit experience – ideally within Credit Risk
- Knowledge of, or exposure to, data science, machine learning and/or AI
- Industry knowledge of Retail and/or SME Banking products
- Knowledge of credit risk management techniques, including credit scoring
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Undergraduate degree and/or relevant Industry qualifications, such as CIA
- Practical experience of using data analytics techniques, such as SAS, Python, or SQL
- Experience of developing credit risk strategies through analytics and knowledge of risk appetite, stress testing and impairment
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present findings to stakeholders though story-telling as well as willingness and initiative to learn and share knowledge
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.