Internal Auditor - Reinsurance
Great opportunity to join this growing reinsurance business as an internal auditor during a period of growth.
If you are looking for a challenge, are ready to take the next step in your career and play an integral part on the company's growth strategy, this could be for you.
Reporting to the Group Head of Internal audit you will be responsible for:
- Preparing and managing the implementation of the Group internal audit plan to assess the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls and procedures;
- Leading all aspects of audit activities including risk assessments, audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, report drafting, work paper documentation, follow-up and tracking of management's corrective actions in response to findings, and verification of issue closure;
- Proactively look for areas of improvement during the audit process and provide value adding and insightful recommendations that are pragmatic, address root causes, and lead to control/process improvements;
- When required, presenting audit findings and recommendations to auditees and Management, Committees and Boards of the regulated Group companies, using influencing techniques to gain support and agreement;
Due to the nature of the function you will ideally have experience across both operational and I.T. Audit and be able demonstrate the following areas of competencies:
- Ideally you will hold a suitable professional qualification, e.g. Qualified Accountant - IIA, ACA, or ACCA or CIA
- Qualified Internal Auditor with 3+ years relevant post qualified internal audit experience across a broad range of disciplines;
- Experience in IT Audit, IT Security, or Internal Audit gained in either a professional practice or corporate environment;
- Strong knowledge of internal control environments within the IT function and understanding of technology risks and controls relevant to a corporate IT environment;
- Possess, or willing to obtain IT Internal Audit Certification (CISA, CISM) or experience in annual IT SOX 404 audit testing would be an advantage;
- Demonstrate a track record of success in delivering high quality audits;
- Experience in risk-based auditing with a thorough knowledge of all relevant regulations, accounting and audit standards