- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Internal AuditorNorthern Trust is now recruiting an Auditor to join the Audit Services function to focus on audits of Northern Trust's activities within EMEA. Based in London, the role is a direct report to an Audit Manager I. The successful applicant will be responsible for conducting assigned internal audit reviews within Northern Trust businesses in order to provide assurance on the adequacy, appropriateness and effectiveness of the internal control environment and risk management framework, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects. The successful applicant will gain exposure to the many different types of businesses within Northern Trust, and will be provided the opportunity to work with the organization's senior management.
The key responsibilities of the role include to:
• Assist in evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls
• Assist in determining the audit scope and audit testing approach, in conjunction with the Auditor In Charge and Audit Manager
• Conduct and document audit testing of key controls within specified areas and identify reportable issues of risk
• Verbally communicate and validate findings with management
• Assist the Auditor In Charge and Audit Manager in the reporting of issues to senior management, including drafting audit issues
• Facilitate issue tracking and validation of closure of issues
• Responsible for staying current on regulatory rules and changes within the funds services industry
• Contribute to the further enhancement of Audit Services processes and provide input to special projects, as assigned
• Develop a thorough understanding of the Northern Trust Audit Methodology and adhere to all applicable Department Standards.
The role may require limited travel.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• A College or University degree and/or relevant audit, risk management, regulatory, or funds industry experience
• Experience of auditing together with knowledge of risk and control activities, including operational and compliance risks
• Knowledge of auditing in the Financial Services industry and related work experience
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Strong report writing and work paper documentation skills
• Experience in the asset servicing/investment management industry
• Professional audit / accounting certifications (e.g., CPA, CISA, CIA, ACA, ACCA) started but not necessarily completed.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of June 30, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $135 billion in banking assets
• $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $10.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $1.1 trillion in assets under management