- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 15 Mar 18
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Not Specified
- Full time
The role of Group Internal Audit is to provide independent and objective challenge to, and assurance over, the Schroder Group’s control environment through effective evaluation of risk management, control and governance arrangements implemented by management. The department is led by the Head of Group
The role of Group Internal Audit is to provide independent and objective challenge to, and assurance over, the Schroder Group’s control environment through effective evaluation of risk management, control and governance arrangements implemented by management.
The department is led by the Head of Group Internal Audit whose reporting line is to the Board Audit and Risk Committee.
The Wealth Management internal audit team, which comprises of a Head of Internal Audit, an Audit Manager and two Internal Auditors, has responsibility for the execution of audits across all businesses and locations in the Wealth Management Division. Resource is shared across Group Internal Audit and team members will support internal audits in other areas of the business, with subject matter expertise, and additional resource, drawn from the co-source arrangements with external firms, where necessary.
Overview of role:
As Schroders’ Internal Audit function has a global remit you will be required to work both in the UK and overseas. The team has a high profile, and the work undertaken is complex and often time pressured, and will, in many cases, have significant impact upon ongoing activities within the Group.
As one of a small number of auditors you will be expected to take on a range of responsibilities in relation to the execution of internal audits, both as a member of a small team and on an individual basis. You are likely to be involved in all aspects of planning and delivery of audit assignments, including reporting. As well as periodic audits, where required you will be expected to participate in investigations, thematic reviews and special projects.
In addition, you will work with all members of Group Internal Audit to ensure stakeholders and management are provided with an exceptional internal audit service.
• Provide support to the Manager and Head of Internal Audit, Wealth Management for the successful delivery of the annual audit plan
• Planning and executing internal audit assignments independently, or as part of a team
• Planning and scheduling work with the business
• Ensuring the quality of work completed and outputs produced, including adherence to the relevant professional standards
• Involvement in the development and maintenance of the procedures and methods for the work of the Group Internal Audit function
• Managing the tracking of issues and actions arising from internal audit work
• Input to the production of reports for the various Committees of the Wealth Management Division and Group
• Maintaining relationships with staff in the Wealth Management Division
• Undertaking special projects and investigations as required
• Provision of data in relation to control activities, to support business development by Schroders
Skills and Experience
• Previous private banking or wealth management experience
• Understanding of the risks involved in developing and managing products across the range of asset management and private banking services
• Understanding of the risks involved and required controls across the processing activities
• Understanding of the UK regulatory environment of private banking
• Understanding of the products used in wealth management
• Excellent communication and report writing skills
• The ability to work effectively with senior management
• First class project management skills
• Experience in Internal Audit
• Fully qualified - a relevant auditing or accounting qualification
• Ability to travel overseas for up to 35% of your time
• English is essential as language. The knowledge of other languages used within Schroders group will be considered to be an advantage.
• Adaptability and ability to work under pressure and in unfamiliar surroundings
• Effective contributor either working alone or as a team player
• Ability to see the whole picture (i.e. the cause, not simply the effect)