Protiviti (www.protiviti.com/uk-en/about-us) is an innovative and fast-growing, global consulting business with over 7,000 staff based across more than 80 offices internationally. From our seven UK offices, we help our clients solve problems in internal audit, finance, technology, operations, governance, and risk. We work with a wide range of organisations to help them face the future with confidence. We believe people and having fun make the difference and our Diversity & Inclusion initiatives are designed to attract, develop and retain the most talented and qualified professionals in the market, regardless of any dimension of diversity.
Our UK business is seeking an Internal Audit & Financial Advisory Consultant to join our growing team.
The role of Consultant is to assist in assessing clients’ process controls, efficiencies, and business management programs. As a member of an Internal Audit team, the Consultant helps evaluate the reliability of process controls that impact the clients’ internal business functions. The Consultant learns to identify areas of risk and opportunities to improve business processes.
The Consultant contributes to a multi-disciplined group with skills in a variety of functions including outsource or co-sourced internal audit, internal audit transformation, quality assurance reviews, process re-engineering, and risk management.
What will help you be successful
- You enjoy discussing technical and industry trends and seek opportunities to demonstrate and teach seniors and staff on the job.
- Participating in the initiation and development of new products and services.
- You are passionate about delivering client satisfaction and demonstrating a growing level of industry and product competency and are able to articulate their value to your clients.
- An understanding of the business environment and potential client base for your solution and industry.
- Seeking opportunities to interact with and mentor personnel, including participating in the creation and rollout of training and developing skill sets.
- Being pro-active and using real-time supervision during all phases of an engagement to develop our people.
- An inherent interest in project management and team leadership. You seek new ways to create extraordinary development opportunities and ways for your team to make an impact on our clients and communities.
- Reviewing, documenting, evaluating and testing operational and financial controls in a wide range of environments
- Communicating control strengths and weaknesses to the client or internal audit engagement team and developing effective solutions
- Ensure timely completion of assigned project phases
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships
- Apply understanding of Protiviti policies and proficiency in Protiviti methodologies
- Apply understanding of business processes and technical skills to successful completion of project assignments
- Develop understanding of project requirements and client’s business
- Assist in preparing audit reports on findings and recommendations to senior management
- Participating in the review of internal controls as described in the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- Must work well in a team-oriented environment as well as independently
- Must work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Must possess excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to handle highly confidential information in a strictly professional manner
- Must be able to maintain professional demeanor in times of high stress
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Educational and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline; minimum 2:1
- High grades at GCSE and A-Level (typically at least an A and 2 B’s at A-level)
- Working towards accountancy qualification (such as ACA, ICAS, CIMA etc.) preferred