Internal Audit Senior Manager - Banking
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Dec 18
KPMG Internal Audit and Risk Consulting (IARCS) Practice is growing at a rapid pace. Looking to hire a Senior Manager - Internal Audit to join our Banking team.
· Supporting partners/directors to identify and develop new client relationships.
· Actively participating in and supporting the partners/directors in business development activity including the development of proposals and presenting to client selection panels.
· Assisting with building new client relationships through attendance at both internally hosted and external events.
· Supporting the partners/directors in the delivery of internal audit outsource/ co-source or External Quality Assessments for B2B Clients.
· Collaboration with a number of firm-wide subject matter experts providing assurance to clients on emerging risk areas.
· Acting as a coach to members of the team and helping with the development of the team as a whole.
· Managing a portfolio of existing IA clients and developing relationships with key stakeholders.
· Supporting the partners/directors to prepare for business development meetings with target clients, attending those meetings and helping to manage the opportunities pipeline.
· Understanding clients’ IA needs and highlighting further work opportunities to client service teams and assisting in the development of compelling proposals/solutions to support new business initiatives.
· Attending key clients meetings (i.e. planning and risk assessments, Audit Committee etc.) with senior auditees/stakeholders.
· Reviewing key client deliverables such as IA reports, working papers, and audit programs including managing the input from subject matter experts before final quality assurance by partners/directors.
· Sharing knowledge and insights on current and emerging FS and IA best practice, issues and trends.
· Supporting the provision of advice to a range of clients on auditor independence rules and risk management practices in the context of providing IA services.
· Support partners/directors in the development of a multi-disciplinary network across KPMG’s service lines and contributing to any cross-selling opportunities.
· Setting, managing and monitoring engagement risks, budgets and profitability, including identifying additional revenue opportunities. Forecasting and reporting on client engagements.
· Coaching, supporting and managing staff performance providing open and honest feedback.
Qualifications & Skills
· Achieved an accountancy qualification including but not limited to ACA, ACCA, IIA, CCAB. We will also consider other suitable Internal Audit qualifications.
· Significant Internal Audit and/or Risk Management experience, including experience of co-ordinating teams delivering audits and management of annual planning processes.
· Private sector and/or professional services experience within FS clients.
· Strong presentation skills and the ability to facilitate workshops both internally and externally