FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Internal Audit - Senior Manager (Capital Markets)
Leading bank are looking for an experienced Internal Auditor (Senior Manager) to join and run a team of Internal Audit Managers covering Front Office, Operations, Finance & Regularory businesses.
My client a leading bank, is looking to recruit a Senior Audit Manager who will be required to work as part of the London Internal Audit team to assess the effectiveness of controls to comply with regulatory subject areas, evaluate compliance functions in the business lines, assess effectiveness of regulatory reporting processes, and keep abreast of applicable regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will be required to have expert knowledge of the UK and EU regulatory environment and regulations relevant to the capital markets and treasury businesses. The incumbent should be proficient at applying risk-based auditing standards, practices, techniques, processes and methodologies to the performance and review of audits.
* Assist the Director, where required, in the development of the annual Audit UK Plan and in the continuous evaluation of the plan to ensure that all high risk regulatory compliance areas are being addressed, including compliance with regulatory requirements in line with expectations from the regulators. Gather key trends and information to confirm planned risks/areas of audit focus.
* Identify systemic/emerging issues and changes planned/undertaken by the audit client that will impact the audit plan through discussion with the Audit Director. This may include preplanning meetings and walkthroughs with audit clients to confirm understanding of the processes and activities subject to audit.
* Develop a thorough understanding of the business compliance risks and processes through a review of the Compliance Risk and Control Assessments, Business overviews, Bank manuals and other related information.
* Direct the planning of audits for diverse units by ensuring scope and extent of work is in accordance with the approved plan, timing and budget are reasonable, procedures are efficient, appropriate resources are assigned, and risks understood. Prepare planning documentation and sample selection in accordance with the Audit Methodology.
Auditing and Execution
* Execute and manage assigned activities independently in accordance with the Department Standards ensuring the nature and extent of testing is appropriate to support the audit opinion, ensuring appropriate completion and review of documentation prepared by audit team members.
* Complete on-site review of assignments per planned timelines, ensuring adequacy of work performed to support the audit conclusions and compliance with Audit Department Methodology.
* Ensure documentation of work is of a high standard, supports audit conclusions and is in accordance with department standards.
* Recommend changes to the scope/extent of the audit based on initial research/audit findings.
* Should be proficient in drafting audit reports and correspondence demonstrating good understanding of issues articulating key risks, materiality and associated impact in accordance with the Department Audit Methodology. Recommendations should build in best practices observed in other units.
* Review/edit reporting from team members and summarize issues in final audit report for assignments of higher complexity.
* Present findings to line management and conduct audit closing meetings including a discussion /presentation to management with an overview of the audit results and findings for those assignments.
Skills & Experience:
* Requires an undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting or equivalent at a minimum. Preference will be given to candidates who have relevant technical/professional qualifications and training.
* Expert knowledge of Compliance Framework, structure, programs, key regulations / regulators.
* Prior experience in a Compliance function, Banking Regulator or Compliance audit or related areas is required.
* Auditing experience focussed on capital markets and treasury businesses will be an asset.
* Thorough ability to write clear, concise audit reports as well as internal and external communication.
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 08 Dec 17