Intern Infrastructure Europe
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
Intern Infrastructure EuropeRequisition ID
Dept. / Bus. Group
Infra Europe, SIG
not eligible for overtime
03 months with potential to extend to 6 months in total
Posting End Date
The Intern contributes to all phases of the project cycle, especially concentrating on project financing, implementation and monitoring. The Intern will take responsibility for those tasks assigned to them by more senior members of the project team, which may include undertaking comprehensive due diligence, including financial, market, integrity and EBRD policy compliance, as well as effective post-signing implementation and monitoring. The Intern carries out these tasks as part of a project team under the guidance of an operation leader or under the supervision/guidance of bankers that are more senior or regional Portfolio Associate Director ("PAD").
Responsibilities for this role may include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Assistance in preparing documentation for new projects, for example, through background and information searches, carrying out integrity analysis and independent market research, assisting financial analysis or taking responsibility for a specific section in a submission document.
- Assistance with drafting documentation for existing projects, such as monitoring reports or completing datasheets.
- Prepare internal management documentation, including: database reporting, assistance with fair value process, preparation of ad hoc reports and briefing notes.
- Any other ad hoc tasks as required.
Knowledge, Education, Skills and Experience
- Currently enrolled and working towards a further degree in management, economics, finance or engineering fields and with proven interest in emerging markets.
- Preferable to have a prior experience in Investment Banking, Consulting or Private Equity.
- Preferable to have knowledge and/or understanding of EBRD business model and the activity of the Infrastructure lending.
- Excellent technical abilities and proven experience of computer systems and data manipulation skills.
- Developed analytical and numerical skills; ability for logical reasoning and accurate interpretation of data.
- Ability to write well-structured and concise documents in English. Fluent English both written and spoken.
- Strong team player, able to integrate into a team and able to liaise independently with different departments within the Bank.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Analytical background with strong emphasis on being able to work under own initiative to carry out independent analysis.
- Conscientious, reliable and flexible with a professional attitude and good communication skills.
- Highly organised, able to prioritise and work independently asking questions where necessary.
Diversity is one of the Bank's core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.
Job Segment: Consulting, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Equity, Technology, Finance, Engineering