- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
Intern (Banking)Requisition ID
Dept. / Bus. Group
Infra Eurasia, SIG
Posting End Date
The Intern contributes to all phases of the project cycle, including project origination, structuring, execution, implementation and monitoring.
The Intern will take responsibility for the tasks assigned to him/her by the operation leader or more senior members of the project team, or more senior bankers, which may include undertaking comprehensive due diligence, including financial, market, integrity and EBRD policy compliance, as well as effective post-signing implementation and monitoring.
The Intern carries out these tasks as part of a project team under the guidance of the operation leader or under the supervision/guidance of more senior bankers.
The Project life-cycle involves several stages from origination to signing, followed by implementation and monitoring until full completion and repayment or exit. All the stages involve different tasks such as business marketing, project due diligence analysis, structuring and approval, negotiation and signing of project agreements, disbursement and monitoring.
The role of the Intern is to contribute, as a project team member, to the structuring, implementation and monitoring of debt and equity transactions, and their effective implementation and monitoring in line with the Bank's operational objectives. Under the guidance of the operation leader and/or more senior bankers, the Intern performs those tasks assigned to him/her and provides support to the operation leader and the project team throughout the project cycle, with a particular emphasis on research, data gathering, credit analysis and financial modelling.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Under the guidance of the operation leader or a more senior banker:
1. Structuring and Execution
- Work as a project team member on transactions, contributing to all aspects of project structuring and execution, including comprehensive research and analysis of background materials, market information and financial performance data; analyse and evaluate potential risks related to the proposed project, including analysis of financial statements, preparing and updating financial models and financial projections;
- Assist with the designing and processing of technical co-operation assistance, including preparation of terms of reference and internal approval documentation, to support the related investment project or the related policy dialogue initiative;
- As may be requested, assist with communication with other internal units of the Bank, clients and other stakeholders, at the operational level, such as preparing draft correspondence, presentations, and following up on internal emails;
- Ensure that all tasks assigned to the Intern are completed within the specified time frames to a high quality and in line with the policies, procedures and objectives of the Bank.
2. Portfolio Monitoring, Value Creation and Reporting
- As requested by the operation leader or a Portfolio Manager, undertake assigned tasks relating to the implementation and monitoring of projects to which the Intern is assigned as part of the project team, including compliance with project agreements and Bank procedures related to disbursement, monitoring of progress of the project and financial performance of the client, assessing evolving risk factors and monitoring and assessing covenant compliance;
- As requested by the operation leader or more senior member of the project team, prepare timely and comprehensive draft monitoring reports and include recommendations for corrective actions where required and ensure these corrective actions and recommendations are brought to the attention of more senior team members;
- As may be requested by, and under the supervision of, a TC operation leader, assist with the effective implementation and monitoring of TC assignments including communication with TC client, monitoring of TC fund usage, preparation and filing of relevant TC progress and completion reports to support the TC operation leader to meet donor reporting requirements and operational objectives.
Qualifications & Skills / Experience & Knowledge
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree. Master's degree preferred or equivalent experience in the areas of expertise.
- Professional qualification such as ACA, CFA, ACCA, or CIMA desirable.
- Quantitative/numerical skills are critical with the ability to interpret financial information and to design and use financial models.
- Credit analysis skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, understanding local and international accounting principles and practice of credit analysis.
- Computer literacy, conversant with Microsoft Office and spread sheet packages including financial analysis and modelling modules.
- Good understanding of relevant systems and processes.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and to deadlines and under time pressure.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Fluent Russian is preferred.
- Good command over the local/country language is an advantage.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Relevant financial industry experience from an investment or commercial bank, private equity firm, asset management firm, or auditing/financial consulting firm operating to international standards.
- Exposure to infrastructure is desirable, to include inter alia understanding of the sector specifics, and regulation.
- Experience in working in the region (Eastern Europe or Central Asia).
- Managing multiple tasks to meet varying deadlines.
- Completing tasks to a high degree of accuracy.
- Working well as part of a multi-national team
Diversity is one of the Bank's core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Credit Analyst, CFA, Equity, Finance