The role will entail working with the UK Sales team, specifically to improve process flows, build tactical tools for both processing and pricing. The candidate will be given access and exposure to the UK sales team and will likely also work with a related number of other teams such as Trading or Structuring. For the technically minded candidate this is an excellent opportunity to work at the more technical side of the trading floor whilst also getting to exposure to Markets and the various teams working closely together to service the Institutional client base.
Functional: (role-related responsibilities)
To support the team with by understanding process flows and looking at specific technical solutions where appropriate or working with IT to help specify those requirements. Sales also have a number of analysis tools they would like to build but do not have the bandwidth to do so, here the candidate will be working with sales to build them (mostly Excel based)
- Programming skills in multiple languages including VBA
- Ability to listen and be a quick learner
- Attention to detail and able to follow processes
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong Mathematics skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to network
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility and Patience
- Self motivated and able to use initiative
- Problem solving abilities
- Pro-active approach
- Degree level educated (or equivalent qualification).
- Previous experiences in banking/ financial sector.
Offering and terms:
- Duration: 6 months
- Salary: Competitive