Intern - COO office (6 months)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Internships & Graduate Trainee, Full time
- Exane BNP Paribas
- 19 Jan 18 2018-01-19
Exane BNP Paribas are looking for an Intern to join the operating management team (3 people), attached to the Equities trading floor and will report to the Deputy COO Cash Equities.
Exane BNP Paribas is a top pan-European equity broker and is the market leader in France, active on sales, execution and research on stocks covered by an award-winning Research Department. A strong culture of investigation and performance allows Exane BNP Paribas to guarantee its clients the enduring success of their investments.
The company offers research, distribution and execution services on European stocks to institutional clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
Your principal duties will be:
• Tracking actual spending with budget targets and analysing discrepancies.
• Reconciling operating/accounting records, checking invoices.
• Operational contact point for the Financial Management & Control teams.
• Help team to prepare budget reports for the operating managers.
Support on COO office other functions, (eg HR, Activity reporting)
• Monitoring / updating online reporting systems. Preparing ad hoc reports
• Assist in the half year performance review process
Support onboarding of Cash Equities staff in connexion with business / HR / IT
- Educated to degree level or higher
- Major and/or an initial professional experience in Financial Control is an advantage
- Full working ability to use and develop IT tools, in particular on Excel (Pivot tables). Working knowledge of VBA or BO would be a plus.
- Capacity to work independently, apply rigorous standards and working with a busy team.
- The working language is English. Knowledge of French is desirable.