Intermediate Financial Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 24 Mar 18 2018-03-24
Intermediate Financial Analyst
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Line of Business: EMEA GCIB
Here in our London office we have an excellent opportunity for a Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Manager to join our team. This role provides support to the EMEA GCIB Business and the candidate will be responsible for providing data, insight & analysis relating to financial performance.
The role covers critical monthly financial performance reporting and periodic forecasting and budgeting to meet corporate requirements. Interaction will largely be with EMEA GCIB COO, LOB leaders and CFO, plus interaction with global FP&A and wider Finance organization, and the FAKC team (offshore FP&A team).
This role is perfect for someone seeking global exposure; the team covers operations in London as well as India. This role is broad in scope with opportunities for interaction with many important stakeholders. You will gain a good understanding of Investment Banking and Corporate Bank product suite and solid understanding of revenue and expense drivers. There is a solid track record of career progression in this team, with past members moving into more senior roles in FP&A.
As an Intermediate Financial Analyst your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and review of weekly and monthly reporting packs covering P&L, revenue and expense analysis and other relevant financial information e.g. cost allocation details/balance sheet information
- Providing data and commentary for high profile presentations with stakeholders including senior management, regulators and legal entity Board members as well as Town Halls
- Detailed expense review including interpretation of costs received from internal support groups and sourcing explanations from regional business finance where necessary
- Preparation and input of financial forecast and budget for revenues and expenses, at both management and legal entity level, including supporting analysis of results and commentary
- High-level review and understanding of key revenue drivers and expense commentary, ability to highlight and probe for additional analysis
- Detailed business reviews on profitability
- Dealing with any ad hoc queries from finance or the business
- Partnering with the India FP&A team to ensure timely and accurate delivery of reporting
- Continuous review of reporting and process with drive to ensure reporting is both relevant and produced efficiently, including working with CFO and wider FP&A team on new /improved MI for the business
As an Intermediate Financial Analyst your skills/competencies will be:
- Excellent numerical, verbal and analytical ability
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified) with an eye for detail
- Able to produce high quality, accurate output under tight timescales
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build partnerships with key internal clients
- Proactive and self-motivated with a track record of delivering insightful analysis and making improvements
- Organized, able to manage workload efficiently
- Excellent Excel skills
- Knowledge of investment banking industry (advantage)
- FP&A experience, including building forecasts, designing reports and generating analysis (advantage)
- Proactive individual with an inquisitive nature and drive to improve reporting and processes
- Enthusiastic, keen to learn and quick to gain an understanding of complex issues and concepts
- Team player who is able to produce high quality, accurate output under tight timescales
- Solid financial reporting and modelling skills including the ability to build spreadsheets and source data.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment