Interim Personnel Expenses Controller - Banking
- GBP500 - GBP700 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Temporary, Full time
- Michael Page Financial Services.
- 13 Mar 19
Our client is actively seeking an Interim Personnel Expenses Controller - Banking, to work as part of the costing team within an international bank to support driving operational efficiency.
Our client is a multinational Banking and Financial Services firm looking to onboard a long term contractor as an Interim Personnel Expenses Controller - Banking.
As the Interim Personnel Expenses Controller - Banking, you will be part of cost management and analytics team that focusses on the control and reporting of the EMEA costbase. You will be responsible for:
- Managing and owning Region's Compensation and benefits expenses, month-end accruals of all portfolios, broader understanding key variances around compensation lines, chargeback and settlement process
- Stakeholder engagement and interaction with HR, Country Controllers, head of functions and Global PE Control group based abroad to ensure right level of coordination for other Personnel Expenses controllers
- Active participation in the global / regional initiative and in projects addressed to optimize the processes related costing controllership
As the Interim Personnel Expenses Controller - Banking, you will have:
- Relevant accountancy qualification (CIMA/ACA/ACCA)
- Previous exposure to PE accounting / subject matter expertise within Comp and Benefits space, management reporting, understanding of deferrals etc. in the environment of financial services/ Banks
- Multiple systems user exposure, including advanced Excel knowledge (including lookups, pivot tables, macros etc), PowerPoint and exposure to Hyperion/Essbase would be advantageous
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to develop relationships with the business and with stakeholders in various global locations in both finance and non-finance
- Strong work ethics as the nature of role is to deal highly confidential information
- Ability to deliver accurate and reconciled presentations and reporting, coupled with ability to understand context of their output
- Ability to convey financial information to non financial stakeholders in a clear and succinct manner
- Innovative attitude with desire to improve processes and procedures where they see opportunities to use any digitization tool
- High attention to detail, with an ability to manage multiple tasks, tight deadlines and strong problem solving skills
Attractive day rate, for a role that is detail orientated around expenses control, along with senior stakeholder engagement responsibility on an attractive day rate for 6-12 months based in the City of London