- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
Intelligent Building Management System (IBMS) - Product Owner
Intelligent Building Management System (IBMS) - Product OwnerTeam Overview
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that's managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we've grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
Global Infrastructure Technology is responsible for running all aspects of technology Infrastructure for Schroders globally. We have representative support personnel in most global offices. The bulk of architecture & engineering happens in London, Singapore & New York. The Head of IT Estates reports into the Global Head of Infrastructure Technology in London.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
This is a brand new role to take product management responsibility for a new, state of the art, Intelligent Building platform including operational management and development definition responsibilities. This will require someone with strong Building Management Systems knowledge with a focus on services uptime and vendor engagement as well as having the ability to manage applications integration support/development works. This is a new service being delivered as part of Schroders new HQ in 1LWP. The product and role does not currently exist in our operational environment and the skillset is a new one to IT, being heavily biased towards FM building services but adding technical complexity that belongs in IT. This role reports to the Head of IT Estates.
The iBMS Product Manager will take day to day responsibility for a new, state of the art, Intelligent Building platform called SmartVUE. The iBMS is underpinned by a Tridium Niagara BMS operated by Facilities Management so a close working relationship with FM and their operatives is needed-it is expected the successful applicant will be Niagara qualified and a BMS expert. SmartVUE acts as a "Single Pane of Glass" view into the BMS and associated FM sub systems allowing 1st line, non expert access to the systems to increase engineering efficiency and reduce cost through automated and enhanced ticketing and analytics.
The sub systems include: lighting; security door entry; CCTV; CAFM/IT Service Desk; HVAC; lifts; EMS/PMS; connection management; asset management; AV room control; centralised drawings and location services/space utilisation. The SmartVUE application will be hosted internally and available to FM as an application suite, accessible from any desktop in the new HQ or from a corporate mobile device. The same suite, restricted by permissions, will offer user access to room booking, room control, find a colleague and wayfinding.
Sub system integration may be delivered using traditional BMS controller integration techniques or through API integration. The role is not for a software specialist but the successful applicant will need a reasonable understanding of how Rest and SOAP APIs are used in the delivery of the overall system in order to assist with problem localisation and how Web services may be used for future enhancements.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to engage positively with colleagues in IT on the server and storage, network and security aspects of the platform as well as FM operatives and sub system vendors and the business as required.
• Own the day to day operation of the iBMS.
• Operate in a global team in an advice and guidance capacity.
• Work closely with the infrastructure teams, FM, Project Managers and 3rd party support organisations in support of the service.
• Review operational services of both in house and external providers to ensure standards are maintained.
• Provide technical expertise in support of the day to day monitoring and tuning of the end to end infrastructure.
• Work closely with specialist software development and support resource in the delivery of the service and in planning future change.
• Own and operate a "lab" environment for test and development.
• Engage with the wider Schroder support teams in the management and resolution of major incidents and problems. This will require out of hours work from time to time.
General and Technical Skills:
• Have a history of working in a mission-critical environment.
• Background in financial services or similar regulated industry desirable.
• The ability to create high quality documentation for colleagues and end users alike.
• Experienced supporting large and complex BMS environments.
• Experience of working with managed service providers and outsourcers.
• Experience of managing support services.
• Qualified Tridium Niagara AX/4 engineer or demonstrable excellent control systems knowledge.
• Good understanding of building systems protocols and sub systems, including:
o Zigbee Pro networking
o Prolojik Lighting
o Generic energy and power management systems
o Schnieder MPMs/general HVAC
o WorkspaceIQ/BLE based location services
o Crestron CPE controls
o Manhattan room and resource booking software
• Understanding of ITIL principles and an ability to apply them