Integration Inclusion Strategy Lead
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
What sets us apart is our diversity - of people, cultures and networks, and an inclusive culture that is central to enabling this diversity and driving performance. Our D&I approach connects us to our colleagues, clients and communities by attracting and engaging diverse talent to ensure that Standard Chartered is the best place to work; delivering on the banking products and services that continue to meet the changing needs of our diverse client base so that Standard Chartered become the best place to bank; and supporting a diverse and responsible supply chain and investing in our communities to help them prosper.
The Diversity and Inclusion Strategy Lead will play a critical role in shaping and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture within TB / TB COO. S/he will work closely with senior leadership and stakeholders to develop and execute a D&I vision, strategy and initiatives that drive TB's commitment to D&I.
The ideal candidate is passionate about D&I and how inclusion drives the business agenda. S/he will have a proven track record of project management and ability to drive programs that support TB /TB COO' workforce diversity, inclusiveness, and retention opportunities. The candidate should possess strong analytical skills and ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into strategy. S/he should also have an ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally.
TB COO D&I Initiatives:
- Together with the TB COOs, TB/CCIB D&I Council, TB HR and relevant stakeholders, identify, define and scope TB /TB COO D&I strategy and key performance indicators
- Drive the TB / TB COO D&I initiatives forward, managing the various working groups to ensure implementation and impact including tracking and measuring progress against agreed KPIs
- Serve as subject matter expert and liaison to HRBPs and the business to develop strategic action to attract/develop/retain diverse talent by analyzing and presenting talent demographics, monitoring data trends and developing diversity initiatives
- Define learning and development requirements across all levels of the organisation taking TB /TB COO to Best in class status
Engaging with regional / country / business line D&I councils:
- Be the conduit between the regional / country / business line D&I teams
- Bring forward best practices from all to look at TB /TB COO wide implementation
- Review and advise on D&I plans for alignment to TB / TB COO and Country/Regional D&I plans and Group D&I Strategy
- Look at bringing the various D&I teams together to share best practices and leverage each other while still respecting regional and country differences
- Determine which external events TB / TB COO will participant in by determining which ones provide the biggest benefit
- Determine who should attend, relevant content and prepare the speakers or attendees
CCIB D&I Council:
- Participate in the agenda, ensuring the discussion and outcomes progress the TB / TB COO D&I targets and goals
- Ensure actions and outcomes from meetings are captured and progress is made
Data Analysis & Insights:
- Develop metrics for measuring the effectiveness of the TB / TB COO D&I specific initiatives
- Partner with the MicroStrategy group to ensure the D&I dashboard is reflective of TB / TB COO
- Supplement the D&I dashboard with insights from data including MyVoice, culture, hiring, retention and promotion analysis for identified diverse groups
- Partner with Group D&I team to provide business line perspective and input on Group D&I projects, processes and policies
- Write updates/blog posts for TB / TB COO, reviewing and identifying new D&I content for TB / TB COO & SCB LinkedIn and SC.com pages
- Work closely with communications, corporate affairs and brand & marketing to communicate, inform and educate TB / TB COO employees, clients and stakeholders on TB / TB COO D&I plan, campaigns and key achievements
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
Our Ideal Candidate
- Broader comms responsibilities
- Demonstrated, hands-on experience in change management, culture change, planning and project management
- Highly developed understanding of key business drivers and diversity & inclusion pillars
- Project management skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong operational, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, be a team player, manage multiple projects and possess a strong knowledge of diversity metrics and analytics
- Demonstrated skill in diagnosing and identifying gaps in plans to resolve organizational challenges
- Highly-effective analytical skills and ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into strategy
- Experience managing diversity across geographies and business functions
- Effective collaborative skills that contribute to positive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Proven track record of leading D&I strategy and transformation in top financial institution
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.