Integration Engineer, Systems Engineering, London
Want to get involved in the exciting world of business transformation, enabled by technology, irrespective of the Industry you belong to?
Want to work with the latest technologies, as part of a team helping international organisations transform their core business capabilities? Whether you're working with on-premise systems, Cloud technology, or custom-developed solutions (to name just a few), your expertise will help clients deliver continuous improvement and innovation, from initial design right through to implementation and optimization.
The Integration practice focuses on enabling clients to overcome complex systems integration challenges when delivering business driven, technology - enabled change across their organisation. Our specialists help clients in designing and implementing fully integrated solutions across an organisation and with its external partners, suppliers, and customers. Our end-to-end solutions encompass business process, people, technology and data; and focus on customers, quality, governance and control. We cover all aspects of systems integration including digital solutions, package integration, custom development and infrastructure. Your role
As an Integration Engineer you will have broad remit of responsibilities, working with customers to deliver innovative solutions. Deloitte Integration Engineers have a highly collaborative and client-facing role, covering the delivery lifecycle and working closely with agile delivery teams to ensure services provided meet the needs of the clients. You will apply your delivery skills and knowledge in one or more technologies to produce quality solutions for clients wishing to harness the power of Integration solutions to solve complex business problems across one or more of the following industries:
- Financial Services
- Private Sector
- Public Sector
- Consumer Business
- Energy and Utilities
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT)
As an Integration Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Your work, your choice
- Developing Integration solutions that meet business requirements
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Working closely with multiple stakeholders across the project lifecycle, including:
- Liaising with Business Analysts to understand business requirements and with Solution Architects on functional and technical designs
- Supporting the Delivery Lead / Project Manager with scoping and estimation of development efforts
- Working collaboratively with test teams during the Product test and UAT phases to fix assigned bugs
- Designing, developing, configuring, and troubleshooting
- Installing, configuring, and testing solution Upgrades
- Working independently with limited support, while aligned to weekly and daily agile governance (Kanban, sprints, ceremonies, reporting)
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
You will be based in a Deloitte London office, however travel will be required for client based projects. Whilst some clients are London based, we do spend time on site with regional and international clients. We specify full mobility for our consulting roles but we make arrangements respectfully, there may be some opportunity for working from home depending on client demands.
This is a Permanent full-time contract opportunity. Your professional experience
The following will be an added advantage:
- Extensive hands-on experience with integration technologies such as APIGee, Kafka, Mulesoft, Dell Boomi and Informatica
- Strong knowledge in configuring leading integration platforms
- Strong knowledge of Integration architecture
- Experience with design and development of REST API platform, converting web services from SOAP to REST or vice-versa
- Experience in API layer like security, custom analytics, throttling, caching, logging, monetization, request and response modifications etc.
- Knowledge of health checks and monitoring procedures for Apigee components & APIs
- Knowledge of leading cloud solutions
Additionally, we expect that you possess the following core consulting skills:
- A current integration technology certification
- Consultancy experience
- Experience of technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure
- Experience working with DevOps
- Experience in supporting technical workshops with the client
- Experience in Agile delivery and Agile techniques, such as Scrum and Kanban.
Your service line: Consulting
- A strong focus on team working within diverse and remotely located teams
- A "can do" attitude - Hands-on & flexible approach to emerging requirements and a real willingness to learn and participate
- Good communication and people skills, with the ability to articulate complex ideas to different audiences within an organisation, and effectively engage with stakeholders ranging from subject matter experts to senior functional leads
- Strong documentation ability and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working in fast-paced and demanding delivery-focused environments
- Enthusiasm and passion for the delivery of market leading solutions that make a difference
- Professional working proficiency in the English language
- An ability to travel internationally and stay away from home for up to 5 days each week for specific durations of time based on defined programme needs or phases
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 172306