Insurance Finance Transformation Consultant - IFRS 17
- £42,000 - £190,000
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- NSI & Bluefintalent
- 03 Sep 18 2018-09-03
The insurance sector is undergoing a fundamental change with the implementation of IFRS 17 replacing the existing international accounting reporting standard for insurance contracts IFRS 4. The purpose of this change is to introduce a single global accounting standard for insurance contracts, thus IFRS 17 will require substantial changes to the structure of insurance organisations, requiring full cycle finance transformation.
My client is a leading Management Consultancy seeking Finance Transformation experts within the Insurance space to join their growing team of Consultants at Manager, Senior Manager and Director levels. The Insurance Finance Consulting team has been prodigious in advising dominant Insurance groups on an array of strategy-led, regulatory and operational enhancement programmes with a main focus on Transformation of Finance, Actuarial and Risk functions to meet prevailing regulatory and reporting challenges especially around IFRS 17.
We are hiring for a number of project work streams and looking for candidates at a number of levels of seniority, across a breadth of disciplines, be that people and change, organisational structure, data and systems, programme management, etc. You will be expected to have an extensive background in working on large finance change projects, preferably with exposure to bluechip clients in the insurance sector. Compelling Insurance sector experience is imperative but you will be given credit for experience outside of Insurance where skills and experience are directly transferable,
- Work closely with clients and act as an SME in Finance function change, primarily around IFRS 17 requirements
- Manage large complex projects with a diverse portfolio of client teams
- Backing business development activities, manage their strong existing client relationships, work alongside multi-disciplined colleagues and intellectual collateral to develop additional opportunities;
- Convey Finance reporting aspects of a Finance Transformation change project and devote to thought leadership to establish applicable solutions are developed for clients
- Build relationships with key Insurance clients where you will identify their needs and propose solutions
- Actively help your team members, who report to you, develop their careers
- Cultivate a consistently high market profile
- Candidates who have established external consulting experience will be preferred;
- Professional qualifications: ACA/ACCA/CIMA/MBA and Degree level educated;
- Exposure to IFRS 17 however, Solvency II, Basel II, IFRS for Financial Services (IFRS 9), MCEV, FDG regulatory or other relevant regulatory requirements will be considered;
- Experience in either Budgeting, Forecasting, Group Reporting and Financial Consolidation, Analysis and Management Reporting, Planning, Cost Management, Profitability, KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and Balanced Scorecard definition;
- Knowledge of Finance Operating models and especially how financial reporting is delivered;
- Knowledge of actuarial systems
- Deep industry insight (i.e. how competitors have approached the problem)
- Proven experience working with senior stakeholders
- Strong track record of proven delivery within finance transformation within the insurance sector
- Well-established capability to instruct Senior Management on risks and solutions with experience in presenting and persuading at senior level;
- Experience in defining and implementing Accounting policy;
If you would like to join a leading insurance consultany practice who foster a friendly, supportive, highly professional and achievement-oriented environment in which everyone can meet their career goals, please get in touch for further information and a conversation on your profile.
About Bluefin Talent
Bluefin Talent is a Financial Services Risk and Regulatory focused search firm, with a dedicated desk that covers IFRS 9 and IFRS 17 finance and operational transformation projects, assisting a range of Tier 1 consultancies and industry clients. We work with clients globally on IFRS driven change work and have strong market knowledge across the industry. The Consultants you will work with have a dedicated focus to this area, deep client relationships and will be able to guide and prepare you for what to expect throughout the recruitment process.