Insurance Audit Manager - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Mar 19
Insurance Audit Manager - London
Insurance Assurance (INS) UK, is one of the largest business units within EY's EMEIA Financial Services Practice. We serve numerous clients, both headquartered in the UK, as well as some of our largest global accounts with a UK presence. Insurance provides both audit and extended assurance services, and our people have the opportunity to work with our clients in both capacities, delivering complex audits as well as regulatory prudential, conduct and other related assurance services.
You'll help our clients meet their reporting requirements by accurately reporting on financial statements and providing meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters. In return, you can expect leading-class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You'll be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you'll do will come back to providing exceptional audit activities for our clients. Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you'll be a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex issues. As you build your knowledge and experience, you'll become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries.
Your client responsibilities:
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and manage fieldwork on client's sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process.
- Demonstrate Business Development skills and identify additional sales opportunities
- Demonstrate an application and solution-based approach to problem solving, referred to for research on delivery of solutions in that field on client assignments
- Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks (UK GAAP or IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
- Demonstrate expertise in using GAM to perform an assurance engagement in compliance with auditing standards
- Identify areas requiring improvement in the clients business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver Management Letter to be provided to the client
- Demonstrate the ability to influence, change and shape the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally
- Coach other less experienced staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Contribute to effective team work in internal engagement situations.
- Provide on-the-job training for developing auditing skills and familiarity with the firm's audit methodology
- Honours degree qualified
- Fully or partially ACA/CA/ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) - preferably first time passes
- Excellent technical expertise with proven industry knowledge
- Proven experience in delivering external audit and assurance engagements in the Financial Services industry, with particular experience in the Insurance market
- Ability to coach and develop more junior members of staff.
Who we are:
At Ernst & Young our inclusive work environment means that everyone's opinion is valued. This enables us to provide better advice and ideas to our clients, which in turn helps you develop as an individual to achieve your potential and make a difference.