We are looking for an Instructional Designer experienced in the end-to-end learning lifecycle to help us further develop our global learning and certification assessment programmes as we grow our online academy. You will be responsible for applying your digital learning skills and expertise to develop Xceptor’s learning programmes for Xceptor platform users, with a significant focus on bitesize and modular eLearning, digital adoption platform learning paths, how-to videos, self-paced learning guides, certification assessments, and other assets as needed.
We are looking for an Instructional Designer experienced in the end-to-end learning lifecycle to help us to further develop our global learning and certification assessment programmes as we grow our online academy. You will be responsible for applying your digital learning skills and expertise to develop Xceptor’s learning programmes for Xceptor platform users, with a significant focus on bitesize and modular learning, digital adoption platform learning paths, how-to videos, self-paced learning guides, certification assessments, and other assets as needed.
This role sits within the Enablement team and you will work with stakeholders and subject matter experts from across the business to design and develop these programmes and assets. This role also interacts with external vendors. While this role is focused on developing online and self-guided material, there may be a requirement to support virtual and physical instructor-led sessions.
We are looking for someone with exceptional design and development skills, who has a curiosity for digital transformation applications, and who is willing to develop expertise in the Xceptor platform. You will have proven skills and experience developing user-friendly learning assets for applications, preferably in the fintech or digital automation space. You will be able to design compelling content that is relevant to our global business and technical users across our client and partner base.
- Work with the Head of Enablement to shape the development roadmap according to product, client, and partner needs.
- Work closely with the scrum teams and product development to constantly iterate learning assets in line with product development pipelines
- Develop a portfolio of enablement content and projects, including bitesize and modular online courses and tutorials (new and updates for standalone courses and learning paths within the digital adoption platform), mock and real certification assessments, and other enablement content, as directed by the roadmap and business priorities.
- Work with relevant stakeholders and subject matter experts (SMEs) to design the structure of courses, set learning objectives/outcomes, create storyboards, and produce relevant assessment activities.
- Capture the required source information and knowledge from the available resources and people, including collaboration with implementation consultants, software developers, product owners, technical author, client and partner engagement teams
- Produce the digital learning content, including co-ordinating and producing voiceovers to accompany the content, where required.
- Devise and maintain learning paths for role-based curriculums.
- Co-ordinate with SMEs and stakeholders to obtain sign off.
- Advise and provide guidance on improvements based on experience and user feedback.
- Work with Community Manager to deploy and implement programmes and assets onto the Xceptor Connect platform
- Work with the Marketing team and company brand guidelines to ensure all content meets Xceptor’s brand and messaging standards.
- Work closely with the product development team to keep up to date with new product features and the product development roadmap, ensuring learning needs for new product capabilities are assessed and addressed.
- Work with external vendors and contractors on programmes as needed.
- Consult and support internal teams as required on bespoke enablement needs for clients and partners.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Skilled in instructional design and rapid eLearning authoring experience.
- Experience with authoring tools such as TechSmith Camtasia, Digital Adoption Platforms, Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline to produce high-quality learning content.
- Skilled in designing and developing a range of creative online learning programmes and assets – including learning paths, how-to videos, online courses, self-guided activities, assessments, and certification programmes.
- Experience developing training for applications, including front-end and back-end topics
- Experience and passion for working in fintech and/or with digital transformation software.
- Experience working in or with the banking and financial services industry is desirable.
- Experience working on training projects within an agile software development lifecycle is desirable.
- Experience with xAPI, learning record stores, and community platforms desirable.
- Experience with Digital Adoption Platforms is desirable
- Training delivery and facilitation skills an advantage – in the classroom and/or virtual environment
- Highly accurate with good attention to detail.
- Good time management and self-organisation skills.
- Creative and innovative
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple development tasks at a time, including coordinating with multiple subject matter experts across multiple projects.
- Excellent written English, oral communication, and interpersonal skills. Able to articulate learning content in understandable and meaningful ways that are relevant for the audience.
- A collaborative team-player, while also able to work well independently.