We are looking for a Korea sales distribution resource who can take the lead on the marketing of fundraises across our multi-strategy Alternatives business lines, including, Renewable Energy, Healthcare Real Estate, Real Estate Credit, Venture and Growth Capital and Intermediate Capital to Korean Institutional Investors.
The Institutional Funds team works with the five private market alternative investment teams across the Octopus Group, which include venture capital, real estate and energy. We fundraise from institutional investors and manage these relationships on an ongoing basis. Octopus manages £1.7bn of investments for our institutional investors across nine funds: eight private fund vehicles and one listed fund. Our investors include leading financial institutions, pension funds and family offices.
We are looking for a Korea sales distribution resource who can take the lead on the marketing of fundraises across our multi-strategy Alternatives business lines, including, Renewable Energy, Healthcare Real Estate, Real Estate Credit, Venture and Growth Capital and Intermediate Capital to Korean Institutional Investors. This role will report to the Head of Institutional Funds.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading on developing strong sales relationships with Korean Institutional Investors, including large asset managers, financial institutions, pension funds, insurance companies and other fund and direct investors based in Korea. Track record of having raised capital from Korean LPs
- Comprehensive understanding of and experience in working with complex private funds vehicles and LP-GP structures, such as Separate Managed Accounts, closed-end funds, open ended funds and Yield-Cos, evergreen structures, permanent capital vehicles, and the ability to pitch these products to relevant Korean institutional investors
- A deep understanding of alternative asset classes with a focus on but not limited to real assets. Knowledge of key Octopus alternative products, including Energy, Real Estate, Credit and Private Equity
- Developing investor sales lists for each of the Octopus alternative products and develop a marketing plan with the investment teams to pitch to Korean investors
- Organise roadshows for the various Octopus investment teams and set up meetings with investors in the region with relevant senior investment professionals and decision makers at the LPs
- Act as a key liaison with senior business line counterparts, working across functions with investment professionals to deliver effective fundraising results
- Experience in working across several complex workstreams and investment products concurrently, and managing the execution and delivery of sales targets to successful fundraising
- Liaise with advisors of professional services, notably lawyers and placement agents in Korea. Provide the framework and market map for the selection of local distribution agents and lawyers in Korea to comply with regulatory requirements
- Develop a marketing strategy and roadmap for access to institutional investors in other Asian jurisdictions
- Work in conjunction with Octopus' Compliance and legal advisors to:
- Be the central source of institutional regulated marketing advice for Korea and other Asian jurisdictions
- Work with cross-jurisdiction counsel to ensure the firm is compliant with regulatory and legal requirements across marketing territories
- Manage the regulatory aspects of new fundraises and current structures
- Experience working with senior investment professionals across a spectrum of Korean institutional investors, including Pension Funds, Asset Management teams, Insurance Companies, Family Offices, Sovereign Wealth Funds and other Limited Partners
- Strong understanding of complex private fund vehicles and alternative asset classes, especially with a focus on Real Assets (Energy, Real Estate, Credit and Private Equity)
- Fluent in Korean and English - ability to translate in meetings for investors and the Octopus teams. Strong command of written English
- Regional experience in Korea preferred, with several years of work experience based locally in Korea. Regional experience in the UK and Europe a plus
- Track record and evidence in career progression on developing strong sales relationships and leading successful fundraising with Korean investors
- Interest in being part of an entrepreneurial and fast paced work environment with several ongoing initiatives on fundraising across multiple asset classes
- Masters preferred. Undergraduate degree
Opening date for applications is 5th Sept, closing at 9am on 4th October 2017.
Salary is £75,000+ depending on experience plus discretionary bonus and benefits.
Location - Central London
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don't make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you've got a great idea, don't keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.