Our client, a highly reputable specialist asset manager, is looking to add an additional member of the Client Director team to support their growth and maintain the high standards of client care that they are renowned for. Extensive institutional client management experience within investment management, coupled with strong investment product knowledge, is required.
Working as part of a collegiate team, the successful candidate will have input into all aspects of client relationship activities from attending pitch meetings through to on boarding and managing on-going client relationships. This individual will be responsible for a book of predominantly UK institutional client relationships.
The company prides itself on being a forward thinking and innovative asset management firm. As markets evolve and the whole complexity of the pensions’ mandate increases, they are constantly seeking to be at the forefront of innovative thinking, providing solutions to address these challenges. The firm seeks like-minded individuals who are interested in the evolution of investment solutions and are open to new ideas and ways of doing things, whilst also placing huge focus on doing the basics exceptionally well.
- Gaining a strong understanding of clients’ objectives, their challenges, as well as their asset allocation philosophy and strategic direction
- Advise clients on potential solutions, putting products together, packaging and co-ordinating with investment teams around mandate design
- Project manage/be accountable for new client take-on, liaising with legal team, finance, operations and custodians in all aspects of the transition, including negotiation of client agreements
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key contacts including: CIOs, Chair of Trustees, Finance Director or other key sponsor executives and the client’s investment advisers
- Engage in regular ‘out of cycle’ meetings and/or contact to ensure proactive engagement and further evolve client relationship in a consultative manner
- Maintain a suitably detailed client plan, highlighting current issues, threats and opportunities, key stakeholders and relevant actions
- Manage current and future profitability; ensuring fee levels reflect the on-going requirements of the mandate.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience managing institutional clients at an investment manager or investment consultant
- Superior investment product knowledge, ideally with exposure to Fixed Income markets
- Experience of partnering with clients, providing exceptional service and support. Experience presenting to clients
- Excellent knowledge of investment management theory and practice and ability to articulate this well
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Working knowledge of the institutional marketplace
- Ability/potential to develop and manage client relationships at differing levels
- Ability to identify opportunities to grow mandates and evolve client investment strategy through the firm’s solutions and capabilities
- Detailed knowledge of providing investment solutions via both physical assets and derivatives