Institutional Account Manager (French Speaker)
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO plans to hire a Senior Account Manager to join our French Institutional team. The successful candidate will be responsible for fostering and strengthening client relationships (business development and client servicing) focusing on French-based institutional clients, primarily Pensions Funds, Insurance companies as well as Consultant relations. The individual will have day-to-day responsibility for a significant part of PIMCO's French Institutional business.
Account managers at PIMCO have a broad range of day to day responsibilities, including communicating the firm's investment outlook and portfolio strategy, reviewing investment results, and becoming a 'trusted advisor' to clients and prospects which enables them to credibly and effectively position PIMCO solutions across public fixed income, private fixed income, hedge funds, commodities and real estate.
The role will have a strong focus on new business development within the Institutional segment of the market, covering a significant portion of the largest Pensions funds, Insurance clients and prospects within France. The individual will be responsible for selling both PIMCO's traditional global fixed income strategies and the expanded Alternatives suite, which are a key component of the firm's growth strategy.
In addition to the individual's external client facing activities, She/He will also work closely with the other members of the French team, along with other key internal stakeholders (Portfolio Managers, Product Specialists, Legal, Compliance, etc.).
With a 20-year history and about $15 billion in assets, France is a long established business for PIMCO. PIMCO believes France offers significant future growth potential across both traditional and alternative strategies with Institutional and Wealth Management clients.
In terms of capabilities, PIMCO has significantly expanded its Alternatives capabilities over the past decade as a complement to the existing expertise in active global bond management. Within alternatives, PIMCO's product lineup ranges from opportunistic, 'locked-up' capital vehicles, to corporate distressed, to real estate equity and debt solutions to a broad-based private lending strategy, all of which are relevant to the French Institutional market. Importantly, these strategies tend to produce high levels of current income and fit well with the needs of many French institutional investors. In public fixed income, the firm continues to have market leading capabilities across a variety of areas, including in Investment Grade Credit, Multi Asset Credit, and Absolute Return Bond. Responsibilities
We are seeking a Senior Business Developer / Account Manager for the French Region who will have a broad range of responsibilities such as developing new client relationships and servicing existing accounts. This includes amongst others providing information about performance attribution, market performance and macroeconomic conditions, outlining the firm's current outlook and strategy, developing investment objectives, and educating clients about a broad set of investment strategies, products and services. Main focus will be on Institutional clients (coverage and business development of Insurance Companies, Pension Funds, and Consultant Relations) Account managers specialize in the following areas:
- Business Development
- Responsible for developing client relationships with a main focus on Institutional clients (Pension Funds, Insurance Companies and Consultant Relations) and on a case by case basis also select GWM clients
- Client Servicing
- Responsible for fostering and strengthening existing client relationships with Pension Funds, Insurance Companies and Consultant Relations
- Business development, client relationship management or investment consulting experience in the French market
- Advanced degree with an emphasis in Finance, Maths, Actuarial Science, Economics or a related, quantitative/analytical field from an accredited university
- Preference for candidates whose field of study provided exposure to finance/capital markets, and macroeconomics, or whose business experience and knowledge is aligned with the position
- Personable, ability to develop client relationships into strategic partnerships; also able to develop collaborative internal relationships with key stakeholders within the team and across the firm
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or willingness to pursue upon joining
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the role description above and are aware that the role you are applying for is either a Senior Manager or Certified Role under SMCR. You agree to PIMCO carrying out any additional screening required under the SMCR regulations for your role.