- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Apr 18
Infrastructure & Operations DevOps Engineer - Rates eTrading
- London, England, United Kingdom
The Rates eTrading D2C team partners with several Rates and EM businesses to provide solutions for electronic trading on client markets. We are based predominantly in London and NYC but also maintain a presence in Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Mumbai, and soon will expand to Buenos Aires. The businesses we support span the globe. We cover several functional domains including pricing, contribution, execution, and STP, and we manage the entire SDLC.
As such, we are a diverse group of project managers, business analysts, and developers (front-end and back-end). Our systems facilitate the electronic trading of many products, the majority of which are securities and derivatives.
We are currently looking for a talented and driven technologist to help us manage our infrastructure and improve our operations. The ideal candidate will have sufficient business knowledge to understand the usage of our systems and experience working within technology in the financial industry.
Strong problem solving skills are a must. The candidate must be able to understand, simplify and solve complex and unique problems.
Strong technical skills are also a must. The candidate must understand hardware and networks well and be proficient with UNIX environments, databases (relational and tick), messaging and other middleware.
Strong leadership is also very important. The candidate must be able to work with the wider group to understand the issues we face and develop solutions that work for everyone. Creativity and vision are very important as the successful candidate will need to not only develop ideas but communicate well and evolve those ideas over time to fit the changing needs of the business and the team.
- Global hardware strategy
- Global middleware strategy
- Global messaging strategy and data architecture
- Global database (relational, tick) strategy and data mining
- UAT and development environment management
- Software development process improvement
Qualities & Skills
- Proactive and driven
- Strong client focus
- Flexible and adaptive
- Productive and able to manage time effectively
- Positive attitude
- Attention to detail and high standard of quality
- Able to handle multiple streams of work
- Experience working with diverse group of people spanning multiple locations
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical knowledge
- Strong business knowledge
- Required – Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field of study
- Rates and/or EM businesses (securities or derivatives)
- Electronic trading systems
- Low latency, high throughput, event-driven systems
- UNIX operating systems
- LBM, AMPS and/or other messaging solutions
- KDB+ and/or other tick databases
- Oracle and/or other relational database
- Distributed caches
- ION trading systems
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
©2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.