Infrastructure Technology Consultant
- Competitive plus bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Catalyst Development
- 16 Apr 19
Seeking an experienced Infrastructure / Cloud Technology consultant to join our award winning specialist Financial Markets consultancy to work within tier one clients on advisory and delivery assignments. We want you to help shape the future direction of our rapidly growing organisation as part of our Technology Capability. Catalyst partners with Banks as well as Wealth and Asset Management organisations to accelerate business, technology, operational and human performance. Catalyst was voted a UK Top 50 Great Place to Work 2018 and also holds the Queens Award for Enterprise.
To be part of the Technology Capability undertaking and delivering client projects with a specific focus on IT infrastructure; generating business by developing and maintaining client relationships, writing proposals and propositions, and updating and sharing knowledge.
This role profile is for a full-time consultant with technology infrastructure experience, principally within financial services market though we would consider similar or related industries if their infrastructure knowledge is transferrable. We’re looking for an ‘advisor’, someone who can produce and deliver consulting reports and will be professional in front of clients at all levels, up to and including CTO or COO. The candidate should also be someone who can manage infrastructure projects with both client and vendors involved. Example projects might include:
- Infrastructure outsource vendor selection and implementation
- Infrastructure design, reviews and audits
- Information (cyber) security reviews
- IT Department organisation advice / reviews
- Business continuity / disaster recovery advice with respect to technology.
Catalyst expects the successful candidate to have a broad experience of infrastructure solutions including public and private cloud infrastructures as well as options for client-hosted infrastructures. The candidate should have a working knowledge of infrastructure management, information security, desktop / user support processes and policies such that they can advise clients on a broad range of infrastructure-related topics.
An ideal candidate will have experience beyond infrastructure and may be able to turn their hand to advising on corporate systems such as CRM or finance systems or business applications as used across the financial services sector.
The successful candidate must have consulting experience and would be expected to work either as part of a Catalyst team or work as a lone consultant, albeit supported by Catalyst colleagues and infrastructure. The candidate is expected to develop and maintain client relationships and the level of their role will depend on both their experience and their ability to generate business opportunities for themselves and others. An ideal candidate will be able to generate market exposure by writing articles, attending and ultimately speaking at industry conferences or by participating in other industry-connected forums and professional bodies.
The candidate will be part of Catalyst’s Technology Capability and work closely with the other members to develop propositions and services for Catalyst’s financial services clients.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- To successfully deliver project work for clients and support other consultants with their assignments.
- To prepare client proposals and propositions.
- To build and share knowledge with the wider company.
- To undertake administration including personal time recording for projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 5 years relevant industry experience
- Good understanding of infrastructure technologies including:
- Public/private cloud solutions
- Hosted infrastructure architectures
- Infrastructure services such as user authentication, machine virtualisation, unified communications and telephony etc
- Knowledge of corporate IT support processes, procedures and policies e.g. issue management/ITIL procedures, information security, license and vendor management.
- Knowledge of financial services businesses and the use of infrastructure within them (preferred)
- Up to date knowledge of trends and initiatives for infrastructure, in particular as this relates to financial services organisations (preferred)
- Knowledge of outsourcing infrastructure and the process of vendor selection, contracting and implementation (preferred).
- Good communication and presentation skills.
Catalyst is recognised as one of financial services’ leading specialist consultancies and has one of the sector’s most distinct blend of risk, regulation, change and talent development skills. Our team are all respected industry practitioners who offer a blend of knowledge and consulting skills to provide effective support to our clients in their drive to meet regulatory requirements, deliver on key change initiatives and enhance their business models. With offices in London and Jersey and further plans for expansion we are uniquely positioned to meet the growing need for specialist advisory and consulting services at a scale that delivers tangible business outcomes for our clients.
Our delivery capabilities cover Transformation, Technology and Domain Specialism (Risk, Regulatory Reform, Learning and Development, Products) Our clients are typically tier one companies in Investment Banking, Asset and Wealth Management.
We are growing fast yet still small enough to offer a collaborative, transparent culture that has earned us a place in the top 50 Great Places to Work for medium sized companies (http://www.catalyst.co.uk/news/were-a-top-50-best-workplace-uk/). We are committed to employing, motivating, retaining and developing exceptional people. We offer progressive careers and excellent employee benefits in a politics-free, entrepreneurial, independent environment with the opportunity to contribute to - and benefit from – our considerable success and growing demand for our services.
Challenge and Ambition: We have an appetite for challenge – we are ambitious for ourselves, for our clients and for joint success.
Collaboration and Teamwork: We believe in combining diverse skills and expertise to build value with our clients.
Honesty and Fairness: Honest, fair and respectful relationships are the foundation of our business.
Expertise with Humility: We apply our expertise with confidence and humility.
Fun and Enjoyment: We enjoy our work and have fun doing it.