We are looking for a Senior Storage SRE with a deep understanding of storage and data services at scale. You will be working with the business to architect, build and operate high throughput storage platforms, using a combination of off the shelf software, vendor storage appliances, and internally developed automation. You will build and improve systems that serve our most critical data.
- 30% Development and 70% support
- Practice sustainable incident response as part of an on-call rotation and through blameless post mortems.
- Remediate tasks with corrective action plans via sustainable, preventative and automated measures wherever possible.
- Provide escalation support to operations teams and software developers
- Engage in and improve operational processes to help the team scale with growth in storage systems.
- This candidate can impact a large portion of the business and the current storage in place
- Opportunity to focus more on development and this will naturally increase with the role
- 5+ years of experience delivering scalable data storage services for large scale environments.
- Deep understanding of Filesystem Storage, Block Storage, NetApp, Isilon, EMC PowerMax, Fiber Channel, Data Protection Technologies, CommVault.
- Fluency in Python for building automation tools and services
- A practitioner of “infrastructure as code”, meaning you constantly evaluate and pursue opportunities to automate tasks
- Demonstrated bias for action and proven ability to execute
- NAS, SAN experience
If this sounds like something you would like to learn more about, either apply directly, or get in touch!