Infrastructure Engineering Lead at Machine Learning Startup
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Jul 17
We are looking for experienced Infrastructure Engineers who want to build seamless deployment processes and maintain site reliability to help us scale. You will play a crucial role in guiding our systems development by owning our infrastructure, refining our deployment practices, and supporting our security and compliance goals. You will shape and build the platform on which our engineers (working mainly in python) and data scientists build so that they can manage, monitor and optimize their own services.
- Build and scale the infrastructure for a growing customer base in collaboration with the engineering teams
- Work with the data science and engineering teams to choose and bring new technologies to our stack
- Implement dashboards and other tools for engineering teams to use in day-to-day development, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and monitoring of the systems to ensure uptime
- Help ensure we are compliant with data regulations and our platform is secure
- AWS experience, including but not limited to EC2, S3, R53, SQS, RDS, ELB
- Experience scaling the ELK stack for processing application logs
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (preferably python)
- Experience with Docker and at least one orchestration technology such as ECS
- Solid understanding of security practices and an understanding of how to make security a core principle of the development effort
- Knowledge and use of networking principles and TCP/IP
- Solid understanding of authentication and authorization principles
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases and experience deploying them
Can you answer yes to at least 4 of the following?
If yes, then please provide *brief* information alongside your application
- Have you deployed production solutions with docker and some orchestration tool eg kubernetes?
- Have you maintained sql databases and scaled them as required by business needs
- Have you deployed new solutions into the stack eg. elasticsearch and scaled them as needed
- Have you optimized configurations for existing technologies e.g. sharding indices in elasticsearch
- Have you worked with firewalls and user permissioning
- Have you implemented authentication and authorisation of users and servers
How to apply
Please send your application (with your CV and answers to the questions) to us at email@example.com
>Please provide answers to the questions above as part of your application. Applicants that do will progress>
If you are recruiter, please note we have a panel of recruiters that we work with. We may not reply to applications where we don't have terms with you
Arkera builds state-of-the-art proprietary machine learning software so financial institutions can precisely understand their clients and transform their interests into financial transactions. Our two founding partners have created complex algorithmic trading businesses at D.E. Shaw and Citadel, managed money for George Soros and Warren Buffett, and built client franchises at Goldman Sachs. Our advisors have guided two of the hottest finance startups into present-day unicorns.
Our 20 strategic investors include former CEO's and industry leaders. More than half of our London-based data- scientists and engineers studied at Oxbridge or Imperial College. Our consumer app has been designed in collaboration with senior management of major financial institutions who we expect will become our paying clients in the next year.
We are currently working with a major bank having implemented an engagement with them and are in talks with other international financial institutions that want to deliver the best for their customers.