We have a great opportunity for a Infrastructure Engineer looking for a new role at a great company based in London.
We have an opportunity available for an Infrastructure Specialist who is based in London to work at a Privately owned, value-oriented asset manager.
The majority of IT services are hosted in-house with minimal reliance on vendors, so the Infrastructure Specialist role covers most typical IT Infrastructure disciplines, from physical installations and networking, through servers and storage to application support.
The ideal candidate will have suitable experience in a Wintel / VMware environment, and should be versatile with practical skills across varied IT disciplines.
Candidates must be self-motivated, requiring little or no supervision and be able to complete technical tasks, project work and documentation to a high standard.
A strong work ethic and commitment to the team is essential, as responsive out-of-hours support is expected as well as rotating weekend work for routine maintenance, installations etc.
Candidates should be well presented, and strong communication skills are essential, as is the ability to interact comfortably with colleagues at all levels of the organisation. Essential skills & technical ability:
• Minimum 5 Years IT experience, with at least 3 years in a production Wintel / VMware environment.
• VMware vSphere (at least v6.5)
• Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2/2016/2019
• Active Directory / DNS
• DAS/SAN/Blade infrastructure
• General networking, TCP/IP, Routing/Switching, Firewalls
• Powershell, Batch scripting To qualify your interest for this position contact our senior recruitment consultant Michaela Gillon via michaela.gillon@OptimusE2E.com