Infrastructure Architect About Us
We are responsible for reviewing, approving and delivering the new requirements as they come in from the different product groups and development teams. Our goal is to design and build infrastructure solutions that are robust and "fit for purpose", using the standard services, best practices and conventions. Your Role
The position of an Infrastructure Solutions Architect focuses upon providing technical guidance and advice, including leadership on our technical approach and product selection. This is an "Individual Contributor" role, and does not involve any line management. However, you will manage initiatives allocated to you and work with internal engineering teams and third party suppliers if appropriate and draw out the requirements and develop an appropriate architecture.
- First-rate architectural knowledge of either Linux or Windows, Databases (MS-SQL or Oracle DB with RAC), Web, storage, networking and virtualisation
- Mandatory: AWS Certified Associate, AWS Professional Architect or proven experience designing in AWS with cloud native services
- Awareness of microservices technologies such as Openshift, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experienced in designing infrastructure solutions for n-tier architecture applications
- Strong understanding of HA/DR technologies
- Good understanding of security technologies and processes
- Software and Infrastructure life cycle management
- Broad knowledge of technical processes
- On-going awareness of infrastructure developments in the IT industry
- TOGAF certified desirable but not essential
- Strong analytical and solutions design and architecture skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good problem solver
- Strong budgeting and financial control skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Takes responsibility for their own actions and the actions of their team
- Displays energy, drive and stamina.
- Able to progress multiple tasks at the same time
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations.
- Client side experience / worked for a systems integrator/outsourcer beneficial in working with internal clients
- Innovative, enthusiastic and keen to gain greater responsibility in their next role
- Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally. The candidate will be dealing with a variety of different people at all levels (both internal and external).
- Will need to work within a global environment and communicate clearly with teams in different geographic regions.
- Must be able to work in a team environment where influencing and motivational skills are paramount
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.