Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Solutions, a global leader in infrastructure markets analysis, requires a commercially minded and entrepreneurial individual with the skills and ambition to succeed as an analyst, specialising in the Infrastructure sector. Based in our London or Manchester offices, you will be contributing to our highly-regarded market analysis service, providing data-driven analytical research for senior decision-makers in financial institutions, consultancies, government agencies and large multinational corporations.
You will be:
- Contributing written analytical research to our daily and quarterly publications as well as special and custom research assignments.
- Managing a portfolio of sector reports, producing project and market level opportunity and risk assessments and market forecasts.
- Developing and expanding a comprehensive knowledge of project, regulatory and technology developments to facilitate accurate industry forecasting.
- Analysing the growth strategies of the world's leading Infrastructure firms, developers and investors.
- Identifying market and company trends and articulating how these translate into growth opportunities for our clients.
- Interacting and supporting our sales team and with clients to communicate our industry views and to help promote content sales
You will be trained to produce value-added and actionable analysis for senior decision-makers across the global business spectrum. You will be able to develop strong industry expertise, while also gaining important client-facing experience. Furthermore, you will have the chance to develop a deeper understanding of macroeconomics and the political economy thanks to our unique integration of Industry and Country Risk analysis. Required Skills
Requirements - Essential:
- Bachelor or master's degree with a minimum 2:1 (or equivalent) from a top-tier university with a focus on Economics, Politics, International Relations, or related field such as engineering.
- An interest in international affairs and business, particularly for emerging markets
- Ability to solve problems using critical, rational and creative thinking
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly convey technical concepts
- Data handling capabilities, strong numeracy and knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail
Requirements - Desirable:
- Industry Experience
- Language skills
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .