posted on 12 April 2019 in: ○ London ○ Permanent Overview:
This is the opportunity to work within an elite, technically driven financial trading company. You will face exceptional technical problems and be challenged to improve and develop your skillset within an ever-changing environment. Offering exceptional compensation, and a fantastic company culture. Role:
You will work on the development and maintenance of Linux servers, administration of network infrastructure including multi-petabyte storage solutions. You will learn, trial and implement new technologies, utilise open source and work on wide-ranging projects.
The team looks to proactively deal with monitoring alerts and develop the monitoring platform, provide support for issues and user requests, implement and adhere to system and network security.
You will identify and drive best practice standards, with a focus on Open Source offerings where feasible. You will also be a part of and contribute to major infrastructure and engineering decisions. Requirements:
Benefits & Incentives:
- Vast experience with Linux
- Experience of Ubuntu or other Debian-based distributions
- Genuine interest in low-level kernel fundamentals
- Evidence of strong technical prowess, maybe by writing and maintaining open source software, or configuring complex networks
- The ability to code fluently, ideally in multiple programming languages
- Experience scripting in Shell, Python or Ruby and ideally some experience with configuration management such as Puppet or Salt
- Experience with IP networking
- A basic understanding of NAS, SAN or distributed storage architectures
- Ideally you will have a strong undergraduate degree in a numerate discipline from a top-tier university
- Strong salary - and lucrative hedge fund bonus.
- Excellent work-life balance; not rigid, long working hours.
- Not traditional hedge fund tech secrecy - active contributions to Open Source, and proud of their own code. Also host events for Docker and Machine Learning and host Hackathons.
If you are interested to hear more about this role, please don't hesitate to get in touch: Dan Hampton