Information Risk Consultant
IT & Information Security Governance Consultant (Enterprise Security)
Working with M&G Prudential as a IT & Information Security Governance Consultant means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to be the most loved and most successful saving & investments business.
The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&G Prudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation.
If you're inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for. The Role:
As an IT & Information Security Governance Consultant, you will be responsible for capturing and articulating IT and Information Security Risks, and ensuring that appropriate controls assurance, compliance and reporting activities are conducted to enable effective identification and management of related issues and exceptions. You will undertake reviews of IT and information risk controls, oversee related remedial activities and make recommendations to management in order to make IT and information security controls more robust. You will additionally provide input into regulatory and governance returns, input into audit activities and management of resulting actions. Key Responsibilities:
• Significant experience of IT and information security management and governance standards (e.g. ISO27001, COBIT, ISF SOGP, ITIL)
• Significant experience of information and technical security within Financial Services
• Significant experience of risk management tools and methodologies
• Experience of IT and Information Security audit activity
• Experience of preparing formal documentation of risks and issues for senior management consumption
• Experience of regulations and legislation associated with IT and information security
• Experience of 3rd party relationships and the associated IT and information security risks
• Experience of IT architecture and infrastructure
• Experience of the systems development life cycle
• Detailed knowledge of financial services regulatory and legislative frameworks
• Expert level knowledge of industry best practice, good networks / links with external bodies and individuals in the same field
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Relevant professional qualification or graduate calibre.
You will have:
• You can tackle complexity and make things simple for customers and those around you.
• You're commercially savvy, you think competitively and you'll seize a good opportunity whether big or small.
• You love to innovate, exploring what matters to customers and creating solutions that make a positive difference.
• You're a team player who can help everyone pull together to achieve shared goals.
• You're willing to take responsibility, creating better outcomes by stepping forward, using your judgement and making things happen.
• You thrive on a challenge, working with intellectual rigour at pace to achieve the highest standards of execution under all conditions.
• Should be able to take from the Role Profile
People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you'll get all the support you'd expect, including full training and professional development. You'll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Recruiter: Beth Eckersley
Location: Stirling, Reading or London