Inflation Desk Strat – Associate / Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Feb 18 2018-02-17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading.
From the largest global institutions to innovative new hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instruments including stocks, bonds, derivatives, foreign exchange, and commodities. Our professionals provide liquidity and content to clients around the world, actively assessing and managing risk, trading securities, and planning and executing transactions in the fast-changing markets. As the needs of our clients become increasingly complex, we often develop customized solutions.
Morgan Stanley was voted as the inflation house of year in 2017. We have an opening for a desk strat role, to work with the London inflation desk.
- Develop and enhance a wide range of models that cover products from bonds to complicated derivatives such as LPIs.
- Manage and coordinate IT teams to deliver tools and analytics in RICE, EOS and Macro RT.
- Strong collaboration with trading desk to facilitate improved trading.
- Implementation and calibration of new and existing trading strategies.
- Continual monitoring and optimization of trading parameters.
Skills required (essential)
- Prior experience gained within an IR Trading environment with a good understanding of Inflation products.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science.
- Proficient in programming (Scala, C++, Java).
- Strong communication skills, as the role requires the need to work effectively with multiple teams within the firm (IT, strats, VRG, and MRD)
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to present complex issues clearly, both verbally and in writing.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.