Industrials Banking Associate x4
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Apr 19
Provide large corporate, financial sponsor and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions including; strategic advisory, financing and risk management. Within the team we focus on Industrials as a sector which includes building products, capital goods, transportation & logistics, paper & packaging, business services, automotive and aerospace & defence.
This role is for an AVP to join the Industrials team based in London. The Industrial team provide large corporate, financial sponsor and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to meet their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs. Our clients also benefit from access to the breadth of expertise across Barclays. The team has an outstanding track record of live execution mandates which is supplemented with a strong team culture
What will you be doing:
- Generate meaningful advice and dialogue with a cross section of companies within the Industrial sector.
- Originate, execute and provide analysis for transactions and cover all types of products, including M&A, equity capital markets and risk management.
- Knowledge of financing solutions, including structuring (both debt & equity), accounting and tax expertise, financial modelling and analysis and applying this to create presentation materials for clients.
What we’re looking for:
- First class experience required of complex financial modelling, valuation techniques, presentation preparation, due diligence and financial analysis
- First class organisational and numeracy skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong track-record
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Extensive experience required in preparing presentation materials, advanced financial modelling, detailed knowledge of valuation techniques, due diligence, documentation, and in executing debt, equity and M&A transactions.
- Strong client focus.
- Ability to perform under pressure with high attention to detail.
- Additional European language(s) would be helpful
This role is deemed as a Certified role under the PRA & UK Financial Conduct Authority - Individual Accountabilities Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
Where will you be working:
5 North Colonnade is home to our investment bank and is in the heart of Canary Wharf, just a short walk from our headquarters at Churchill Place. It boasts an array of onsite amenities such as dry cleaner as well as a deli and buffet style staff restaurant. The building is easily accessible by tube, docklands light railway and all major bus links. The atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.