Index Solutions Analyst- 12 Month FTC
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: Position Overview
The Index Solutions team is charged with an integral function of providing the rest of the firm with indices in support of PIMCO's time-tested investment process.
We are seeking an ambitious analyst with a good STEM degree and a solid basis in financial mathematics and fixed income; a self-starter who is looking to use both their technical and exceptional communication skills in demanding environment. The position will initially be offered on a contractual basis to provide maternity leave cover, but given expansion of our Operations department in Dublin, this opportunity may result in a permanent role based in Dublin.
The analyst will be working with the more senior members of the team on benchmark construction and approvals, vendor management, benchmark enquiries of varied complexity, process improvement and automation. In addition to the interaction with the Client Facing teams, Trade Floor, Transitions and Compliance, this position might require occasional communication with external clients.
This is a unique opportunity to straddle both the technical and advisory worlds of asset management. The role has high visibility within PIMCO's Account Management and Portfolio Management teams and additional opportunities for project management will offer exposure to a number of other areas of the global business.
Career development opportunities
: • Project management.
The analyst will be given an opportunity to enhance their project management abilities partnering with key internal stakeholders, driving execution to achieve desirable outcomes and developing a solid reputation for future partnerships across the firm. • Professional development.
PIMCO offers a great variety of training courses and materials to deepen investment knowledge, technology and professional skills of its employees. The firm covers professional and regulatory qualifications and post graduate education including (but not limited to) CFA, FRM, CIPM, MBA and Masters in Finance. Key Responsibilities
• Benchmarks construction, including discussing feasibility of new benchmarks with Account Mgmt team and/or clients, working with data team to establish new data feeds and completing quality control prior to benchmarks going into production, whilst ensuring all deadlines are met
• Acting as Client Facing team's partner on all things benchmark and providing help with operational side of benchmark changes. This will include reviewing benchmarks built by other team members for correctness, organising and leading signoff calls for high risk benchmark changes and coordinating with other stakeholders on outstanding points prior to the benchmark going live
• Liaising with index vendors on custom index licensing and other data related enquiries whilst developing a solid understanding of index licensing landscape
• Providing support on benchmark maintenance, including ad hoc rebalancing and daily quality control of benchmark risk metrics
• Supporting business needs in the EMEA region by providing timely responses on benchmark-related enquiries from internal and external clients
• Working on a variety of projects and process improvements and helping team with automation using SQL and Python
• Understanding complex, analytical and custom security based models used in benchmarking. Examples of these include developing currency-hedged benchmarks, duration-hedged strategies, commodity-based benchmarks with futures Position Requirements: Requirements
• The successful candidate is expected to be ambitious and entrepreneurial, with a strong self-starter attitude
• Prior experience with fixed income indices is preferred, ideally combining research and design with operational aspects of index production and data management
• Solid maths and preferably financial maths skills related to market performance and attribution
• Strong communication and time management skills
• Prioritization skills and ability to work with multiple stakeholders
• Knowledge of SQL and Python or a strong willingness to learn
• Working towards or completed CFA qualification
• Strong record of academic achievement with Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (such as economics, maths or computer science) required Benefits:
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office