Index Quant Developer
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services. We offer an innovative perspective on the traditional world of indexing, providing independent and unbiased indices that are broadly available. With expertise in capital markets, technology, data, pricing, analytics, distribution and research, our indices provide the global investment community with comprehensive solutions to fulfil their benchmarking needs across Fixed Income, Equity, Commodity, Cross-Asset, Crypto, Index-Linked and ESG. We also provide an array of services to clients interested in custom index development, investable index products designed to offer access to systematic strategies (beta, "smart" beta, and alpha), index administration and calculation agent services. What's the Role?
You'll be joining a highly motivated and successful Multi-Asset Index team that sits within our Core Financial Product Group. Our Multi-Asset Product Development analysts work on the team responsible for idea generation across our Multi-Asset Index business comprised of Bloomberg's Equity, Commodity, Currency, Strategy and Alternatives Indices. You will be responsible for the development of index models and rapid prototypes to support the development and promotion of new index products to meet our clients' needs. You will be expected to develop and maintain a library of modular and flexible modelling components, and promote reuse and standardisation across the team.
You'll adapt your communication style according to your audience and be equally adept at collaborating closely with colleagues across multiple teams as well as presenting to clients and soliciting feedback. You'll be comfortable in working with large data sets and have a gift in extracting meaningful intelligence to drive innovation and product direction. You'll also have great interpersonal skills as they are essential in order to effectively collaborate with other internal teams and engage with clients. You'll be someone with the ability to approach challenges with creativity and enthusiasm; someone who has the courage to take positions advocating change and then deliver.
Regarding domain expertise, you'll have previous experience in multi-asset quantitative financial model development. You will most probably have acquired this experience whilst working as a front office quantitative developer for a research, structuring or trading desk. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Contribute meaningfully to the development of new indices and in guiding the business' approach to modelling and back-testing.
- Work across Bloomberg to collaborate on new product design with our research, engineering and index production teams
- Work with complex index methodologies, build financial models to back-test and develop strategy indices
- Promote and support the adoption of a consistent modelling library among the team
If this sounds like you:
- 4+ years of financial industry experience
- Experience in building financial models with Python is essential. Knowledge of R and other languages is a plus.
- A strong academic background in one of analytical and technical degrees including, but not limited to: Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Statistics or Economics
- A good knowledge of financial markets, securities and derivatives
- Experience in multiple asset classes, portfolio theory and asset allocation models
- Excellent analytical capabilities working with large data sets, to aid in solving non-routine problems in a timely fashion with keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, capable of building enthusiastic support for new ideas
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.