In-Business Control Manager - EMEA CCB
Description POSITION SUMMARY/OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: None
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19029433
Citi's Commercial Bank is a global financing and banking partner for small and mid-sized corporations and local subsidiaries of overseas corporations, offering Lending, Treasury, Trade and Markets products.
The IBC organisation is an integral part of CCB and drives consistency for addressing Operational Risk and Control issues and ensuring a sound and effective control environment exists within the business functions. IBC must foster a culture of control and accountability by leading efforts to identify, anticipate and mitigate regulatory, reputational and operational risks. This position is a critical strategic role for ensuring the risk areas within CCB, its regulatory obligations, and its control routines are well understood and well managed. As a First Line of Defense function this role must build trusted relationships with business leaders, functional process and product owners, and other IBC and operational risk colleagues as well as Second and Third Line partners.
This position is responsible for identifying, monitoring, reporting and mitigating operational, regulatory, and compliance risks within EMEA CCB functions. The position will be directly responsible for supporting the EMEA CCB Head perform their required governance and oversight activities under the Financial Conducts Authority's Senior Managers Regime. The role requires strategic thought leadership, driving the efficiency and effectiveness of the control environment, ensuring effective Manager's Control Assessment programs, and accurate reporting and escalation to the business stakeholders. Failure to effectively manage and monitor the Operational Business Risk could result in significant losses, impacts on business growth, incremental capital, and/or regulatory actions. This position works closely with the EMEA IBC Head and CCB Business Leaders, as well as Independent ORM/Independent Risk, Corporate and regional Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Operations and other cross-functional partners to assess and strengthen the control environment. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide the EMEA CCB Head with the support they require to fulfil their responsibilities under the Senior Managers Regime, including taking reasonable steps to ensure that the CCB business is well controlled, complies with relevant regulatory requirements and standards, and that the Senior Manager is able to effectively oversee any delegated responsibilities.
• Perform the Remote Activity Officer role for EMEA CCB, ensuring that the business has the appropriate oversight, escalation protocols and Management Information reports in place for CCB's lending processes.
• Lead the IBC activities for the EMEA CCB Digital business - work with the relevant CCB business leaders and partners to define the key control monitoring metrics, assess the effectiveness of the controls, integrate changes and assist in development of enhancements wherever and whenever needed, and ensure management remains fully informed.
• Interact with key business partners, including ORM, Independent Risk, Compliance Assurance, Independent Compliance Management (ICRM), AML, Audit, Finance, and Legal to identify and mitigate business risks.
• Embed a strong culture of controls within the EMEA CCB organization, while helping to drive automation and efficiencies in policies, procedures and controls where appropriate
• Interpret and implement Operational Risk Management policy.
• Manage and maintain the MCA for the Digital business, including the Annual Risk Assessments, KOR/KI process, and all testing and reporting of key controls. Oversee the other MCA Assessment Units that fall under the Senior Managers Regime (United Kingdom and Commercial Subsidiary Group).
• Provide regional support to the EMEA IBC Head, by conducting and delivering operational risk assessments and providing vision and leadership for strengthening the control environment.
• Ensure all critical control metrics are at, or above, targeted goals and oversee various control/compliance processes such as change control, Mandatory Absence, system access and security, and all regulatory attestations.
• Lead issue management for SMR and EMEA Digital, ensuring timely identification, documentation, opening and closing of all issues and corrective action plans. Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Extensive years of related work experience.
• Minimum three years in an Internal Audit, Risk Management, or Control Management-related role.
• Good knowledge of Citi's Commercial, Consumer or TTS businesses.
• Demonstrated success of operating within a multi-disciplined operational risk function.
• Up-to-date understanding of key risk and control concepts, tools and trends relating to risk identification, rating and prioritization, mitigation, and reporting, Operational Loss treatment, etc.
• Strong relationship/partnership skills, operational risk management expertise and skills, and knowledge of the regulatory framework and entities effecting operational risk standards and activities.
• Ability to manage through influence (e.g. management in the absence of reporting lines or with matrix reporting).
• Forward-compatible mindset and desire to leverage technologies to improve controls, monitoring and testing.
• Ability to balance regulatory/policy requirements with client experience.
• Proficient in the use of basic Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer