Working as an Implementation Consultant within a Thomson Reuters software solution team, the candidate will be part of a team primarily responsible for delivering Legal software solutions to customers and prospects.
The role requires face-to-face customer engagement, so the candidate must demonstrate good communication skills. A key part of the role will require the candidate to scope the project based upon the customers design and specification, this will require candidate making notes and planning the project from the start to finish.
The candidate is sometimes required to travel to customer sites for software deployment and training activities (10-20%). Most of the work is on local servers. Responsibilities will include work on business critical & live production servers, so a strong sense of care and diligence is required. Another significant part of the role is investigating and resolving customer issues requiring a good technical understanding of our products and the customer's technical environment. The successful candidate will be supported by the support and development teams and should be competent working in a matrixed environment. The work also involves the development of integration solutions that connect the technologies with third party information sources and Intranet systems.
The Implementation Consultant will be responsible for delivering customer projects. This will require independent operation and the ability to follow effective methodologies to meet the requirements of the engagement, working with the customer to ensure their goals are appropriate and met. Creating project plans and timescales for the customer to approve and use as guide throughout the various phases of the project. Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Work with clients throughout the project lifecycle
- Implementation Management - Creating the necessary documentation and planning an installation project.
- Delivering and installing the application as part of the project.
- Prepare documentation and present regular progress reports to customers
- Maintain customer relationships by understanding, interpreting and implementing business requirements
- Work in a team based and matrix environment
- Provide support to customers on service issues
- Handle multiple ongoing projects managing your own time
- Travel to customers sites for projects to UK and beyond
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- Customer facing support and troubleshooting skills for advanced (2nd Line) technical issues
- High quality written and verbal communication and relationship management skills with customers & prospects
- Windows client and server administration experience
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Basic IIS knowledge
- Project management capabilities preferable
Education/ Certifications Required:
- Strong implementation and consultant experiencing
- Basic SQL Knowledge - to run and commit queries
- Project Life Cycle Management (Implementation projects)
- Technical guide writing skills
- Computer Science or related degree or relevant experience
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com . Locations