Identity & Access Management Principal Engineer
Join us as an Identity & Access Management Principal Engineer
What you'll do
- This challenging role, specialising in Identity & Access Management, will see you design and engineer software with the customer or user experience as the primary objective
- With your software development background, you'll be working with architects to help define major components of the business-wide target architecture and roadmap
- You'll gain valuable senior stakeholder exposure as well as the opportunity to hone your technical talents and leadership skills
As an Identity & Access Management Principal Engineer, you'll be creating great customer outcomes via engineering and innovative solutions to existing and new challenges, and technology designs which are innovative, customer centric, high performance, secure and robust.
You'll be leading the more significant, complex and technically challenging assignments, coordinating multiple feature teams, making sure that their technical journeys support realisation of the targets, and deliver the values of the relevant metrics published to our investors.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Defining, creating and providing oversight and governance of engineering and design solutions with a focus on end-to-end automation, simplification, resilience, security, performance, scalability and reusability
- Working within a platform or feature team along with software engineers to design and engineer complex software, scripts and tools to enable the delivery of bank platforms, applications and services, acting as a point of contact for solution design considerations
- Defining and developing architecture models and roadmaps of application and software components to meet business and technical requirements, driving common usability across products and domains
- Influencing the development of strategies and architecture at domain and enterprise levels, identifying transformational opportunities for the businesses and technology areas
You'll come with significant experience in software engineering, software or database design and architecture, as well as experience of developing software within a DevOps and Agile framework. You'll also need the ability to create, shape and contribute to the technical strategic direction and roadmap and the ability to own and drive initiatives forward while contributing to the overall development of a platform.
Along with an expert understanding of the latest market trends, technologies and tools, you'll bring significant and demonstrable experience of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, automation, virtualisation, optimisation, availability and performance. In addition, you'll be adaptive, proactive and experienced in working in an Agile environment, ideally with Java coding skills and DevOps experience. Ansible experience and an understanding of or previous experience with the Identity & Access Management Lifecycle, the Ping and Daon products would also be advantageous.
You'll also need:
- Collaborative skills to contribute to the wider engineering communities by writing articles, presenting on meetups, contributes to open source
- A strong background in leading software development teams in a matrix structure, introducing and executing technical strategies
- Significant and demonstrable experience of test-driven development and using automated test frameworks, mocking and stubbing and unit testing tools
- A background in designing or implementing APIs
- The ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate product and business requirements into technical solutions
- A background of working with code repositories, bug tracking tools and wikis