Tradition is the interdealer broking arm of Compagnie Financière Tradition and one of the world's largest interdealer brokers in over-the-counter financial and commodity related products. CFT is represented in over 28 countries, employing over 2,500 people.
Tradition is currently seeking to appoint an IT Support Engineer/2nd Line Support to be based in the London office.
Main responsibilities within the IT Support Engineer/2nd Line Support position include:
- Attend and fix any 2nd line hardware PC problems
- Attend and fix any 2nd line Software related problems
- Attend and fix any 2nd line voice related problems
- Attend and fix any 2nd line application software problems
- Work with project team and 3rd line support when required
- Attend and fix any dealer board problems
- Attend and fix any network problems
- Build PC's as required checking that the necessary software is loaded properly in addition to standard Build.
- Build Laptop P.C's as required.
- Install P.C's and Laptops as requested.
- Ensure that necessary IP addresses are loaded and the correct patching has been done on the network and all changes are recorded on the patching schedule
- Install printers as requested. Ensure that necessary records are amended
- Make all administration amendments to (dealer board system) as appropriate
- Facilitate new line testing
- Responsible for reporting line faults and ensuring they are resolved in a timely manner
- Investigate long term issues and report findings to relevant parties, e.g. network, server etc
- Supplier and client relations
- Any other duties that may reasonably be requested including 1st line roles and responsibilities
Key skills and experience required in this role:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Good knowledge of PC’s.
- Knowledge of Cisco, CCM, Change control, Voice software would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Dealer board systems would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Linux systems would be advantageous.