We are currently seeking an energetic IT Service Desk Apprentice to join our increasingly busy IT support team.
The Exane group is one of the leading independent financial market players in Europe and is active in three core businesses: Cash Equities, Derivatives and Asset Management.
Since 2004, the Cash Equities business has been underpinned by an operational partnership with BNP Paribas: Exane has exclusivity on European equities and operates under the brand Exane BNP Paribas. With around 50 professionals in Sales Trading & Trading and 50 in Quant and Execution Technology, Exane BNP Paribas is one of the fastest growing pan-European execution franchises for institutional clients.
Exane BNP Paribas offers a top class execution product range including cutting edge electronic trading algorithms, facilitation, high touch trading, program trading and ETFs. On the advisory side, Exane BNP Paribas was ranked Number 1 in the 2020 Institutional Investor Survey and in the three consecutive Extel surveys (2017, 2018, 2019). Exane BNP Paribas has offices in Frankfurt, Geneva, London, Madrid, Milan, New York, Paris and Stockholm.
Your role and responsabilities:
The main duties of the role consist of, but are not limited to:
- Taking calls from users, demonstrating a good customer service focus when communicating with users at all levels by calls, emails and face to face.
- Timely and accurately recording their request on the internal tracking system.
- Handling incidents reported by users and when needed addressing them to the relevant IT teams (software, networks, telecoms, systems, devs, etc.).
- Making follow up of incident solving and updating documentation (knowledge database and user’ FAQ).
- Informing users of any potential security risks through the appropriate channels.
- Assisting users with videoconferences, connection of laptops and other devices in meeting rooms.
- Assisting with Daily/Weekly checks.
- Supporting systems such as Windows, Citrix, Bloomberg and inhouse applications
- Assisting on patching, desk moves and collaborating with IT London manager and Group Head of IT Service Desk on various projects.
- Have a good understanding of IT hardware and an interest in technology
- Hard working and resourceful with a positive attitude.
- Strong initiative, ability to work in a team, with a good sense of organisational skills.
- Great communication skills and personable as will be working on customer sites
- Strong analytical skills.
- Happy to take initiative and with a high level of commitment.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and Windows 10 environment
- Flexibility to work in a demanding, fast paced environment.
- A basic understanding of using and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows – e.g. Installing software, setting up user accounts, connecting the device to a network., resolving common issues, setting up outlook profiles etc.
- A basic understanding of how the internet works and manipulating network settings from within windows e.g. Knowing what is required to connect to the internet, settings static IP addresses
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including maths, English, and computer science / IT.