IT Officer - Insurance
An entrepreneurial Commercial (Re)Insurer in the city is looking to hire an IT Officer for their London based operations.
As the IT Officer, you will assist the UK based employees with all IT requirements. You will also be the first port of call for any IT enquiries, and will provide assistance with daily IT operations that include routine hardware maintenance, system checks and constant documentation of IT requests using group IT service portal.
The Ideal candidate will need to be happy to be in a standalone role, although they will have support and guidance from their manager and IT colleagues in their overseas operations. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in a broader based IT role. There will be occasional travel to their Middle East operations where the rest of the IT team are based.
- Provide technical support to 50+ London based employees
- Escalating unresolved issues to 2nd line of support in Amman or to companies under SLA contracts
- Computer installation and configuration for all desk moves and new joiners
- Vendor communications, purchase orders and expenses management.
- IT assets documentation and control
- Phone system, camera system and printing/scanning support
- User accounts and access management
- Basic maintenance and monitoring of server room equipment and systems
- Meeting rooms and video conferencing setup
- A minimum of 2 years similar experience, supporting at least 50 users is ESSENTIAL
- Experience gained in an insurance company or a bank is desirable but not necessary
- Cisco and Microsoft certifications/trainings are preferred
- Office 365 experience is preferred.
- Active Directory experience
- Customer focused, providing excellent customer service skills to all users
- The candidate needs to be a self-starter, who can manage high volumes during busy periods.
- They must be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks, especially during busy periods.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills: active listener, purposeful communication, confident interaction, and ability to work within a global team