Tradition is the interdealer broking arm of Compagnie Financière Tradition and one of the world's largest interdealer brokers in over-the-counter financial and commodity related products. CFT is represented in over 28 countries, employing over 2,500 people.
Tradition is currently seeking to appoint an IT Helpdesk Support Lead, reporting into the Head of IT Support and Communications, based within the London office to work alongside Traditions’ global IT team based in various locations over EMEA, APAC and Americas.
This position will incorporate the following activities:
- Management and control of ticket management and service request functions for IT Helpdesk team.
- Daily running and incident/request flow of the IT Helpdesk service/team ensuring the team adhere to service level targets.
- Be the next point of escalation where required for the team/service.
- Generation of weekly incident and request reports and presentation to senior management with recommendations.
- Use data analysis skills to ensure productivity and highlight key areas where improvement can be made.
- Liaising with other IT heads/managers to ensure that newly defined processes are seamlessly incorporated within the IT ecosystem.
- Contribute to improving customer support by actively responding to queries and handling complaints and advising on best practice for incident/service request management.
- Management and approval of shifts, annual leave, tracking sickness, return to work for the team
- Recruit, train, coach and mentor support engineers including career development with personal development plans and annual reviews.
- Participating in the Service Desk support function
Key skills, experience and competencies required to be successful in this role:
- Previous experience of managing an IT support team and service desk function.
- Financial services experience / interest
- Able to resolve problems in a timely manner
- Customer service experience to ensure any issues reported are dealt with quickly and professionally
- Report generation and presentation to management
- Monitoring and troubleshooting systems
- Prior team management experience
- Logging and responding to tickets in the IT Service Management system
- Participating in the Service Desk support function.
- Maintenance and creation of technical documentation
- Maintaining site inventory equipment and asset registry
- Network patching and hardware moves
- Prioritising & Organising daily schedule
- Approachable to all staff levels in the business
- Discretion / Confidentiality / Trustworthy
- Attention to detail
- Good time-keeping & attendance
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal guidance
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and to implement changes
- Proven track record in carrying out the role & responsibilities
Additional skills and experience beneficial to the role
- Support of Windows environments, Windows 10 and Windows 2016+.
- Deployment of software applications to client machines via automation software solutions.
- Creation and management of new users accounts, groups and services.
- Configuration, deployment and support of end user hardware (laptops, desktops, mobile phones/tablets)
- SQL skills to query databases for the retrieval of historical datasets.
- Scripting skills to automate VBA.
- Understand monitoring systems like Solarwinds Orion.
- Cisco CUCM knowledge.
Shift work which can include evenings and weekends to support the business and Helpdesk team.