IT Help Desk Support Specialist
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Matchpoint Recruitment (UK) Ltd
- 12 Feb 19
Our Client, an International Commodity Trading House based in Central London, seek a IT Help Desk Specialist to provide technical support to users in an efficient, timely and accurate manner. This position is required to solve basic technical problems and provide support for all assigned areas. The primary function of the IT department includes but are not limited to designing, implementing, and providing daily operational support to the global company. This includes support of all network hardware and software as well as providing employee desktop support.
- Serving as the first point of contact for employees seeking technical assistance.
- Identifying the best solution possible based on the issue and details provided by employees.
- Support various products including, but limited to Microsoft software products, computer equipment, network equipment, mobile phones, telephony equipment, Apple devices, etc.
- Guide employees through the problem-solving process to meet a positive and satisfying conclusion.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of IT support personnel.
- Provide update to the employee on ticket status and provide details of progress, and outcome.
- Record all events, problems, and their resolution in a ticket tracking program.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by employees to the appropriate internal team.
- Install various computer peripherals and equipment for employees.
- Maintain daily performance of all software and hardware equipment.
- Occasionally provide support after normal working hours, when required.
· Ability to multitask with a sense of urgency while maintaining a positive attitude.
· Ability to be proactive, ability to take direction and establish ownership of projects.
· Proven working experience in providing help desk support in an Active Directory Windows environment.
· Extensive experience with Microsoft Windows Operating System, MS Office Suite 2016, MacOS, antivirus software, print, and imaging devices.
· Familiar with Private circuits, Firewalls, VMWare, SAN technology, Switches, routers, etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to manage time and prioritise work effectively
- Self-Starter, proactive with a hands on approach
- Proven experience in troubleshooting, diagnosing, and/or monitoring of network devices.
- Advanced understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products.
- Experience providing 24x7 on-call technical support is an advantage.
- Experience within a Trading environment would be ideal.