IT Coordinator / System Administration
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Updated on: 21 Oct 18
QNB Group, the biggest bank in Qatar, and a leading financial institution in the Middle East and Africa, is looking to hire a IT Coordinator / System Administration, to meet the requirements of the expansion of its office in QNB - UK//London.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies now extends to more than 30 countries across 3 continents, providing a comprehensive range of products and services. The total number of staff is more than 28,000 operating from over 1200 locations.
Reporting to the IT Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the entire QNB UK Branch IT operations and system administration.
- Provide secure, convenient and highly available systems support for users in the branch and remote services such as LAN and WAN networks over Cisco and HPE/Aruba equipment.
- Maintain public and private Wi-Fi and provide services to branch clients.
- Ensure that on a day to day basis all servers computer terminals and I.T. equipment installed in the London Branch are operating in accordance with operating procedures and objectives of QNB.
- Assist with the implementation of changes to operations procedures, processes and hardware, ensuring the changes are implemented as required.
- Provide desktop I.T. support as a First line support function to users of the branch software and hardware identify and investigate issues or problems and resolve them in accordance with I.T. policies.
- Assist with installation and loading of hardware and software to PCs and servers; maintain logs of PC maintenance and user calls.
- Responsible for the administration of all computer networks within the branch ensuring also that the network operates effectively and efficiently; liaise with contractors and suppliers ensuring that network is maintained.
- Assist in the purchases all infrastructure equipment by researching best security and value.
- Monitor and update as necessary all aspects of system security based on bank security policy (including maintaining anti-virus/anti-malware and patching)
- Resolve faults and respond to requests for advice and assistance, as appropriate.
- Refer problems to second line support which cannot be resolved in a timely manner or are likely to exceed the appropriate service level criteria.
- Undertake the implementation and routine maintenance of the telecommunications systems within the division/ organization.
- Undertake the implementation and maintenance of PC and host based operational systems within the organization.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Rigorous / Thorough in approach
- Hands on
- Work as a team, think as a Team
- Keeping documentation up to date
Qualifications & Experience
- University graduate in Computer Science Degree or IT related diploma or holding equivalent professional qualifications.
- With a min 2 years' experience in IT Support environments with finance/banking exposure preferred.
- Windows 10 upgrade roll-out project experience is required.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV