IT Business Analyst
- 50-60K + bonus + benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Optimus E2E
- 12 Oct 18
We are looking to recruit a Junior/Mid-level Technical BA to work with a leading Investment Management firm on their digital platform. The division’s rapid development requires the support of a dedicated technical analyst to drive through change and alleviate developer time by capturing business requirements, documenting them and liaising with the Development Team in a formal process that speeds up the concept to delivery times.
The Technical Business Analyst, responsible for owning and gathering the requirements for technical projects for the web platforms. Responsible for recommending best practices for solutions based on business needs. This role will require strategic design and mapping of business requirements and solutions to system/technical requirements as User Stories within an Agile development process.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* Managing the analysis, capture and documentation of business, IT and system processes.
* Timely creation of Agile user stories and acceptance criteria against which the systems development team build and test solutions.
* Design and mapping of business requirements and solutions to system/technical requirements.
* At the direction of the project manager liaise with key stakeholders to gather requirements and explain/communicate key findings.
* To liaise with technical teams to ensure business requirements are understood and communicated effectively.
* Attending Sprint Planning, prioritisation and daily-stand-up meetings to discuss and set project progress and priorities.
Main Duties / Tasks:
* Works effectively and individually with Technical and Non-Technical team members.
* To liaise with and to challenge project managers to ensure assigned projects are appropriately planned and monitored from a schedule, risk, issue, dependency, supplier and benefits realisation perspective.
* To ensure the projects and working practices comply with internal Change governance procedures and controls.
* To actively contribute to the BA practice (and other practices) to ensure Internal Project Standards / Change Governance Procedures / Controls and Change team objectives/skills are ‘fit for purpose’ and be prepared to review and revise as needed.
* Reside on project working groups and provide input as required.
* Formally document workshop meeting notes, actions and any resulting business requirements to ensure accurate solution delivery with a full decision audit history.
* Analysing data using the SQL toolset.
* Present logic using diagramming techniques (e.g. data flows and flow charts) and USE cases.
* Liaise and manage suppliers as directed by the needs of the project.
* Liaise with internal and external audit functions as directed by audit Terms of Reference.
Knowledge & Skills:
* Excellent understanding of Agile/Scrum processes and creation of User Stories and Acceptance Criteria.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to analyse performance data and recommend service improvement.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects.
* Very high degree of initiation and adaptable to change.
* Ability to interact with all levels of staff.
* Ability to work in a digital product area applying best practice.
* Strong IT literacy skills and working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Strong organisational skills.
* Proven accuracy and attention to detail.
* Ability to work on own initiative to manage workload.
* Solid knowledge of relevant technology concepts (e.g. mainframe, client-server, relational databases, and web-based architectures).