IT Audit Manager
- £50,000-£70,000 plus benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Mar 19
Roles based in London, York or Norwich
Opportunities have arisen within the Internal Audit team that focuses on IT and Major Change across Aviva. This team focuses on the shared service function that provides IT and technology solutions to all business divisions, and on Major Change programmes throughout the group.
We are looking to attract Audit and Senior Audit Managers with the right experience and capability who can pro- actively engage with Senior Executives helping them deliver complex initiatives in a safer risk and control manner. These Executives and their teams are based primarily in London, York, Norwich and Bristol, but could be in any country in which Aviva group companies operate; we would expect you to be engaging with them in these locations. As a flexible employer we are committed to finding the best means of working for you to be successful.
Team and environment:
You will work collaboratively as part of an increasingly diverse and inclusive global team. You will have technical abilities gained from your experience which you feel are applicable to the breadth of our organisation, our growth ambitions and core values. You maybe an expert audit or risk professional with a specialist discipline such as IT, cyber, infrastructure, data analytics, or change management - with excellent communication, influencing and leadership skills. Together we will deliver clear, robust, independent and reliable opinions on the adequacy of Aviva's risk management and governance.
You will join an international community with daily development opportunities to:
- learn how the business works;
- perform a variety of challenging and rewarding work;
- engage with senior management;
- influence and make a difference.
We live Aviva's values, with a culture of continually challenging and improving what we do and how we do it. We invest in our people and are always looking to improve our team, so talk to us about this opportunity or more generally about what we can offer you.
Duties & responsibilities:
- You'll understand those risks and controls critical to Aviva, be curious, have good relationship skills with the ability to influence management and motivate change.
- In this position, your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Leading or being a critical colleague on end to end audit reviews;
- Drafting and presenting impactful reports to senior management;
- Reporting outcomes to Senior and creative Leaders;
- Senior Executive engagement and management;
- Working across the function to support our development and provide insightful perspectives
Skills & experience required:
You will ideally be an experienced auditor, risk and controls professional, or IT expert with a will to inspire change in a creative and evolving environment or someone looking for an exciting career development opportunity.
- Curious, analytical mind with the ability to identify and assess key business risks and controls
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to influence our business colleagues and to lead and work collaboratively across teams
- Good planning and organising skills and able to work independently
- Desired but not essential skills:
- Risk Identification and measurement.
- Strong impact and influencing skills, and ability to develop effective relationships.
- Resilience and tenacity
- Curious and analytical mind
- Cyber experience would be beneficial
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of up to £50,000-£70,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications;
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme;
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review;
- 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days;
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply);
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010), whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.