Are you ready for a new challenge?
Do you want to work in one of the big4 for an amazing project?
If you want the opportunity to do something a bit different, be part of a great team, expand your network and understand a new way of working– this could be for you.
International Standard on Quality Management 1 (ISQM1) is a new standard being issued by the IAASB that is currently expected to become effective at the end of 2021. This new standard will require audit and accounting firms to undertake a risk-based assessment of their system of quality management and focus their attention on risks that may have an impact on engagement quality and the policies, procedures, and controls that need to be in place to address these risks. Unlike extant International Standard on Quality Control.(ISQC1), the new approach requires a firm to customize the design, implementation, and operation of its system of quality management based on the nature and circumstances of the firm and the engagements it performs in an integrated approach that reflects upon the system as a whole.
• Support Project Director and ISQM1 component working for groups with project management
• Establishing and managing project plans
• Identifying necessary resources
• Monitoring progress of component working groups
• Working with a large group of stakeholders across the business
• plans and oversees the implementation of accountancy systems and policies.
• prepares financial documents and reports for management, shareholders, statutory or other bodies.
• Communicating timetables and detailed requirements to relevant parties
• Engagement with relevant stakeholders ensuring feedback to and communications with the Global SOQM Working Group
• Performing / supporting the performance of preliminary gap assessment for each component
• Completing / providing assistance with the completion of process narratives and flowcharts
• Documenting / reviewing detailed control descriptions and providing input to control design where required
• Organising Test approaches
Skills and Experience:
• Strong organizational skills and a self-starter
• Good risk awareness
• Good communication and engagement skills
• Reliable and willing to take responsibility, for themselves and their team
• Pragmatic (ability to consider both regulatory requirements and needs of the business)
• Experience of controls (SoX would be an advantage)
• Likely to have either an analytical, audit, or controls/compliance background
• Able to work independently and proactively but with appropriate coaching and consultation
• Able to work flexibly (both in terms of managing time and working with people of different levels of seniority)
• Does not have to be a ‘subject matter expert’ in terms of component subject matter
• Degree or equivalent
• Accountancy or other post-degree qualification
• That the individuals have audit / Internal audit/ SoX/ Risk or Controls related expertise and have once worked in one of the environments
• That they can demonstrate controls, Testing, and test of operating effectiveness (which you would have working in Audit/ Internal Audit)
• Comfortable preparing reports, detailed control descriptions