ISA & SIPP Senior Product Manager
About the opportunity Department Description
The Platform Products Group is responsible for developing brand new platform products, as well as developing and maintaining market leading, competitive, compliant and efficient products for the UK business. This includes analysing changes in legislation, technology, demographics and customer behavior to identify opportunities to enhance the existing product set and create brand new products and services. This is about more than just keeping the lights on; we drive change to ensure Fidelity is the first choice for customers, employers and advisers when considering where to invest their or their clients'/employees' money. In practice, this means the team manages the UK business product strategy for retail (SIPP) and DC pensions, ISAs, brokerage services, and the General Investment account, along with the tools and services which are required across products and channels. Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Associate Director, Pension Product, you will be responsible for the tax-wrapped products (currently SIPP & ISA) we provide to individuals and advisers. The role is responsible for ensuring that the products adhere to regulations and our contractual obligations along with monitoring their performance. This includes the day to day management, as well as leading change required to deliver a market leading proposition for Fidelity. The role involves working with the business to understand customer, channel and functional requirements, combining these with competitor, market and technological insight to define and deliver a market leading offering.
NB: although advertised as Full Time, the role is suitable for Part Time as well as Full Time. Key responsibilities
- Working with our retail distribution channels to fully understand their requirements and the outcomes that they are intending to achieve, whether that be through a major project or as part of continuous improvement
- Management of the product backlog including the ability to prioritise to ensure business requirements are made and the ability to champion change by articulating the value/impact of required changes to secure funding
- Work with the relevant change forums and stakeholders to secure funding/sponsorship for key illustration changes, submitting requests for funding as required
- Continually look to improve the product and drive efficiencies through consistency of service and process excellence
- Maintain an effective relationship with our existing third-party relationships, providing governance and support where needed
- Actively participate and represent the Retail Product team in projects and strategic initiatives
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of competitor propositions and alternative supplier solutions so that you can contribute to the product roadmap and strategy
- Manage internal and external product related queries in a timely manner
- Knowledge of retail platform products - experience of SIPP, Drawdown and ISA or other Savings and Investment products is desirable
- Experience in managing external relationship and providing services as per our agreements
- Understanding of the legal and regulatory framework in which our business operates
- Understanding of the technological and operational requirements in delivering product change
- Ability to manage and maintain a backlog and prioritise the work - taking into account stakeholder, risk/compliance requirements and customer feedback
- Strong communication skills are required as a core part of the role is working with delivery teams, suppliers and stakeholders to ensure goals are achieved
- Able to manage a considerable workload, pace of change and challenges presented by Fidelity's UK growth and the developing business
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and asking difficult questions
- Creativity - thinking outside the box is often required to get change delivered in time whilst still meeting customer and regulatory requirements
NB: although advertised as Full Time, the role is suitable for Part Time as well as Full Time. About you About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $611.4 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $471 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 30 September 2020. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.