IRM Analytics Associate/AVP
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Apr 19
IRM Analytics Associate/AVP
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19014493
Institutional Remedial Management ("IRM") plays a critical role in the management, assessment and valuation of the ICG's classified portfolio, which contains many of the firm's stressed and distressed institutional loans and other assets. IRM works closely with Business, Risk and Legal teams across the ICG globally to achieve the most favorable outcome for the firm. The Analytics Team, currently comprised of 15 individuals globally within IRM, specializes in providing detailed analysis on each company, including financial analysis, projections/valuation, classification analytics and detailed industry coverage.
As a member of the IRM Analytics Team, primary responsibilities include:
- Preparation of valuation and restructuring analysis for stressed and distressed assets and situations, including the determination of write-off, reserve and risk of loss amounts that directly impact the P&L of the firm;
- Assess liquidity, debt capacity and other areas of financial and operating performance to evaluate areas of weakness and potential for turnaround, which is measured by setting and monitoring appropriate classification triggers;
- Model companies' financial position to determine appropriate debt structure and accurate debt value using the most appropriate valuation methodology;
- Track ongoing performance of classified credits, reporting to senior credit and business management;
- Prepare quarterly classification documents with detailed financial and credit analyses in order to maintain appropriate classifications of ICG classified exposures
- Actively work closely with other IRM colleagues (Seniors Bankers and SCO-level transactors) to remain coordinated on the restructuring/valuation process and assess likely restructuring scenarios
- Liaise with internal business and product areas in the bank, as well as external fund managers, advisor and consultants to develop deeper industry expertise; and
- Assist with compliance with End User Computing (EUC) and Model Risk Management (MRM) Policy
Financial skills, valuation techniques and usages, transactional experienced, credit skill documentation, basic accounting for troubled loans. Key skills for a career in credit risk management.
- Extensive years of investment banking, corporate banking or risk Analyst experience
- Undergraduate degree with a strong GPA
Skills / Competencies:
- Excellent knowledge of credit assessment techniques and policies of the bank;
- Ability to analyze and evaluate financial statements and business plans, across a range of industrial sectors;
- Understanding of corporate and debt structuring, with a particular understanding of bank loan documentation;
- Good understanding of risk profiles of all credit products;
- Strong credit analysis and corporate financial modeling, including a range of valuation techniques;
- Risk assessment and quantitative analysis experience;
- Strong inter-personal skills and communication skills, both written and verbally;
- High energy levels, ability to multi-task, sift through complexity and work under pressure; and
- Ability to work independently, as well make meaningful contributions as part of a team.
- Basic coding skills, a plus
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer